What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need your opinion re: Caldera dealer  (Read 13590 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Need your opinion Caldera dealer
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2005, 11:00:10 am »
But Sundance and Hot Spring spas are two different manufacturers. Caldera and Hot Spring are not. How can you claim quality issues with one phylosophy during a presentation and contradict it with the other.
I know there are dealers out there that are not having any problems selling both of these lines on the same floor and god bless you if you are, I guess it would be like Sundance and Sweetwater on the floor. BUT, they are positioned as one with more or better features than the other ???

Why wouldn't having Hot Springs and Caldera on the same floor the the same as having like Hot Springs and Sunadance on the same floor? The only way it wouldn't is if you're a negative seller that plays one spa up at the expense of the other in their sales pitch, but that's a poor sales approach.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2005, 11:00:10 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2005, 11:21:11 am »
But Sundance and Hot Spring spas are two different manufacturers. Caldera and Hot Spring are not.
Ford owns Jaguar, but I wouldn't compare my Taurus to a

No - Caldera and HotSpring are not the same. In spite of being owned by the same corporation, they remain two very distictively different lines. I hold to my a$$ertion that it is more like having HS and SD on the floor. Just because they are owned by the same company don't think that they are going to be the same. A close look at the actual tubs shows otherwise.  

Blowers
Fiberglass backing
Type of insulation
Siding
Jet numbers and
Jet types
Filtration
Control systems
Ozone systems
Seating configurations
Way Diverters are implemented
Marketing
Price point distribution
Marketing areas/regions

Are all different - and there are more. They are both good tubs, but in different ways.

:)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 11:22:21 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2005, 12:46:52 pm »
Alright, already, you made your point. I just find it a little more difficult to sell 2 different lines on the same floor. It does make sense the way that you explained it.

Listen,.. on our conference to the islands, we will discuss it over a cold one 8)

Thanks...

poolboy34

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2005, 01:39:05 pm »
Look at this way...............For example: No matter how great hot spring spas(or insert another brand here) are, they aren't for everyone and not everyone likes them.  So if you only sell hot spring, you're potentially losing out on those customers.  By offering another line (even if it's in the same price, feature & quality category) can only serve to benefit your potential customers and ultimately your business.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 01:39:48 pm by poolboy34 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2005, 01:55:58 pm »
We often make comparisons to the auto industry. When I was young a dealer carried on make and that was it. Now we have a couple of dealers in town who carry Ford and GM as other such different models.  One even has several on the same lot.

I guess no matter how superior one brand is nobody will ever get 100% of the market share so someone will try to get as close as possible.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottubber

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2005, 02:13:50 pm »
OK......Did you see my post,...you made your point, alright, already!!!!! :o

zzaphod42

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2005, 03:32:10 pm »
One more point for you hottubber...

Just Kidding ;D ;D ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »

You didn't say Uncle!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubber

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2005, 03:54:24 pm »
that's why the conference that we SHOULD put together should happen,,,,,, ,UNCLE! :-[

And, they wonder why I drink? :P

Where are those platform shoes???
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 03:57:07 pm by hottubber »

h2oUno

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2005, 05:58:19 pm »
I sell HotSprings Spas. We will be opening a Caldera location soon.   Caldera & HotSprings , stylistically different  technically the same.  Maybe a Caldera is a better "fit" and with that in mind I will send any prospective customers, still looking, to the Caldera store with confidence.
Service? Checking with previous customers is a good idea. Buying a Caldera should ease those concerns. Finally- the dealer willing to sell "out of their area" lacks integrity.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2005, 11:39:32 am »
Finally- the dealer willing to sell "out of their area" lacks integrity.
I would love to agree with you, but for one thing. I have a dealer a couple hundred miles away who sells into my area all the time. Drives me crazy because he drops his price to steal the sale, even knowing that it will cost him more to deliver and start it up, and if service is needed, that will also cost him more. I have told customers that he will charge a mileage fee, only to find out he is NOT, and was in fact using that to make me sound like a liar. (that's been cleared up, btw)

But the bottom line is: as much as I can't stand losing sales to this guy, he does service his out-of-area customers. He may take a few days longer to get something on the schedule, but he shows up. And, he lives up to the letter of the law - if not the spirit of the law- regarding the contract he signed with Watkins to 'not actively market outside of" his home territory. So I really can't impugn his integrity.

In fact, I'm going to start doing the very same thing to him....

;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spatexport

• Am I crazy, or is it just me?
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2005, 02:39:30 pm »
Did you buy the Caldera spa from this very busy person?

If you haven't bought it yet, sit down with the owner, look him in the eyes, and express all of your concerns to him.

Make sure you are listening to the responses with more than your ears.

Good Luck

mhraracing

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2005, 03:27:33 pm »
No, not normally. Yes, there are exceptions,  but I just had a meeting with the VP in charge of National Development, and he said they really don't want both on the same salesfloor.
It would be similar to having HotSpring and Sundance. Both are good products, you just have to show off the benefits and features, explain the differences and similarities, and then throw them in for a wet test.

Hmm - There are two dealers in CT that I visited that sell both Hot Springs and Caldera. There are plenty of differences between the two brands to be able to carry them on the same floor at the same time.
IM not sure why Watkins wouldnt want to promote both products together ??

As for comparing spas and cars - it would be more like comparing Chevy Trucks and GMC Trucks....same parent manufacturer....but with a little cosmetic difference between the two..
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2005, 03:27:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42