What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: jacuzzi j-355 advice  (Read 11359 times)

alexan33

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
jacuzzi j-355 advice
« on: February 06, 2005, 12:13:10 am »
hi all,
well i've narrowed it down to 2 spas, a jacuzzi premium j-355 and a coleman c-472. like em both, like the j-355 better. but here's the thing i need advice on. the j-355 is a 2004, in stock in the warehouse (reno, nv area), and he really isn't budging on the price he basically gave me (no haggling really), it'll include delivery, setup, start up chems, ozone, steps, cover, cover lifter. out the door including tax for 5765. i tried to get him to drop a few hundred more off because 1. it's an 04 left over-no need to order one or have it shipped (he's got 2 of the same exact ones left) 2. i'm paying cash-straight out. so he won't budge, i haven't called in 3 days, and he called me once and said he was just wondering if i wanted it because if not then they would put it in their other showroom (left  a message, i wasn't home). now on the coleman c-472 side, my wife and i like it almost as much, and basically it's an 04 with all the extras as the j-355, same deal, in stock out the door for 6400. anyone have any advice or thoughts on those prices. i just think that the jacuzzi dealer should drop a bit more off the price and i'd be getting a competitive deal. bring on the thoughts please......!!! thanks
dave

Hot Tub Forum

jacuzzi j-355 advice
« on: February 06, 2005, 12:13:10 am »

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
Re: jacuzzi j-355 advice
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 12:25:11 am »
My thoughts.....

I dont own a hot tub yet however.....

When I was purchasing my house, I was haggling over 1500 bucks or so....my realtor said...."if you really like this  house and you know it is the one for you...is the 1500 dollars really going to make a difference?  Is it worth it to lose the home you truly love over that amount of money?"

I bought the house....never regretted it.

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 01:07:59 am »
We are also about to buy our first spa, and have been looking at the Jacuzzi Premium line and Coleman among others.  I thought at one point we were going to buy an 04 Coleman 481 that was loaded with everything, including stereo.  The price on that unit in Portland, OR is $6,700 cash.  We liked the spa, but I did not fit real well into one of the seats, and my wife did not fit well in the lounger.  We then wet tested the Jacuzzi J365 and loved it.  The seats fit both of us, we loved the jets, power, looks, etc...  The price of the 04 Jacuzzi with all the options you listed above (except ozone which I personally don't want) is $6199 cash.  For pricing purposes, I asked what the J355 would be and he let me know that it was $5899.  We are going to order an 05 J365 in the colors we really like for $6,599, but the price you have been quoted sounds like a good deal to me.  Hope this helps.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 09:24:05 am »
Go with the spa you really want.  It will pay dividends in the end.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 09:38:13 am »
I'd just like to add, (and I said this recently in another thread) I have had my tub for over a year now, and I have to look up how much I paid for it!

Get the one you love!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 11:03:48 am »
hi all,
well i've narrowed it down to 2 spas, a jacuzzi premium j-355 and a coleman c-472. like em both, like the j-355 better. but here's the thing i need advice on. the j-355 is a 2004, in stock in the warehouse (reno, nv area), and he really isn't budging on the price he basically gave me (no haggling really), it'll include delivery, setup, start up chems, ozone, steps, cover, cover lifter. out the door including tax for 5765. i tried to get him to drop a few hundred more off because 1. it's an 04 left over-no need to order one or have it shipped (he's got 2 of the same exact ones left) 2. i'm paying cash-straight out. so he won't budge, i haven't called in 3 days, and he called me once and said he was just wondering if i wanted it because if not then they would put it in their other showroom (left  a message, i wasn't home). now on the coleman c-472 side, my wife and i like it almost as much, and basically it's an 04 with all the extras as the j-355, same deal, in stock out the door for 6400. anyone have any advice or thoughts on those prices. i just think that the jacuzzi dealer should drop a bit more off the price and i'd be getting a competitive deal. bring on the thoughts please......!!! thanks
dave

I sell both Coleman and Jacuzzi. We are selling our 04's and have both those same models in stock.

You're getting good pricing on both models.

Spahappy :D

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 11:54:11 am »
I had to read this twice to make sure I was reading it right!

The spa you like= $5765
The spa you like almost as much =$6400

Hmmmm......

The only way to find out if your getting a fair price is to get additional pricing on the exact same tub and accessories that are included in the deal.

Good luck!

alexan33

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 10:18:27 pm »
hi all,
thanks for the responses and advice. i called him back and asked him to throw in an extra set of filters and a taylor test kit and he said sure. so i'm set with the j-355, they are delivering it next monday so i'll be lounging in bubbles in a week or so...thanks again all
dave

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 08:20:44 am »
My thoughts.....

I dont own a hot tub yet however.....

When I was purchasing my house, I was haggling over 1500 bucks or so....my realtor said...."if you really like this  house and you know it is the one for you...is the 1500 dollars really going to make a difference?  Is it worth it to lose the home you truly love over that amount of money?"

I bought the house....never regretted it.

Very well said, Guttboy!  

Needsaspa- Are you listening?

Brewman
Brewman

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 10:54:53 am »
alex,...

There was really only one choice here. Go with your heart. You will have many enjoyable years with the spa you choose. It is not worth loosing it if you can't get a couple of hundred dollars off.
Do it right the first time... :D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 11:10:21 am »
Go with the spa you really want.  It will pay dividends in the end.

The one you like better cost less even if he won't deal. The price definitely isn't a rip off, so buy it.  Besides wet test, the other thing we say around here lately, is in a year, you won't remember what you paid, you will just wonder how you lived with out it. (No, I'm not a dealer)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 11:10:53 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 11:52:39 pm »
Great price I paid $6000 for my J355 and didnot get a coverlifter but the delivery was free lol.I think you will not get it any cheaper unless you really want to insult the salespeople.If you are really looking for the J355 its a great deal.Hope you let us know how you like it.....Jt

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 11:52:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42