What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2 Ounces is weight or volume?  (Read 20031 times)

TimC

Re:  2 Ounces is weight or volume?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 09:27:32 pm »
So...

If the GRANULAR Baqua Calcium increaser says add 6 1/2 ounces to raise the CH by 80 ppm on my 400 gal Vanguard, and the little plastic scoopie thing that came with my start up kit is graduated in ounces, do I add 6 1/2 of these ounces to the tub if this is what I need?

Now the LIQUID Shock that is added once a week says to add 4 ounces.  

The real question is do I use the same scoopie thing that is graduated in ounces for both the granular and the liquid?

Thanks

Tim

p.s.

Go Blue...............

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 09:27:32 pm »

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2005, 10:00:53 pm »
This subject seems to be warming up.  I love it!

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2005, 10:44:54 pm »
Actually I started working on a chart for this some time ago........ started..... here's what I gotts so far;

1 ounce, dry weight,  equals =

Sodium dichlor (chlorine) - 6½ teaspoons
Sodium Bromide - 3½ teaspoons
Sodium Bicarbonate (spa up, baking soda) - 5 teaspoons
Sodium Carbonate (soda ash) - 6 teaspoons
Sodium Bisulfate (spa down) - 4 teasthingys (HA! gotcha)

And I thought we are supposed to cut down on the sodium!

JL

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2005, 02:14:12 am »
So...

If the GRANULAR Baqua Calcium increaser says add 6 1/2 ounces to raise the CH by 80 ppm on my 400 gal Vanguard, and the little plastic scoopie thing that came with my start up kit is graduated in ounces, do I add 6 1/2 of these ounces to the tub if this is what I need?

Now the LIQUID Shock that is added once a week says to add 4 ounces.  

The real question is do I use the same scoopie thing that is graduated in ounces for both the granular and the liquid?

Thanks

Tim

p.s.

Go Blue...............

Ya gotta love the American system of measurements  ;D Some the liquid chemicals I have are calibrated on the side so you can see how much to dispence. The calibrating is in liquid ounces rather than weight ounces.

This would lead me to believe that dry chemicals are measured in weight ounces, and liquid chemicals in liquid ounces.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2005, 09:03:58 am »
"This would lead me to believe that dry chemicals are measured in weight ounces, and liquid chemicals in liquid ounces. "

That gets back to the original question. When the reommedation is to add a Tbsq00n of something; what are we to interpret? A thingy of dry added to water? That is sort of what I am doing. But to be precise I was wondering if it meant that the chemical when dissolved into the form which is introduced into the tub. In this case I use a quart jar and eyeball, mine is calibrated of course, a few thingys into it and shake it up and pour into tub with jets on.

Been a long time since Chem 101. What does it mean something is added to buffer something? Language skills are elusive this morning?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2005, 09:03:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42