What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Royal Caribbean  (Read 4969 times)

autoplay

Royal Caribbean
« on: June 14, 2006, 07:17:21 am »
Question/s for people who have been on that cruise line.

what were your likes/dislikes etc?

The wife and I are going in early sept on Freedom of the Seas.  She switched rooms like 4 times lol...and ended up with a "hump" room.  WTF is a hump room.....and is it desirable etc?

Our only exp has been a few cruises on Carnival lines. I loved the food on em!

THX

Hot Tub Forum

Royal Caribbean
« on: June 14, 2006, 07:17:21 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Royal Caribbean
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 09:17:35 am »
I did a royal carribian cruise a few years ago. I had a great time.  

I had an ocean view (porthole) room on the 7th floor  eh. Most of the cabins on cruise ships are tiny. Very tiny.  However, we spent very little time in the cabin, so I didn't mind too much.

A  hump rooom?   You lucky dog.    ;)  Sounds like you will be spending more time in the room than I did.

This was the only cruise I went on, so I can't compare it to anything, but I can say. I had a great time and was very impressed with everythiing R.C. did.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 09:22:09 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 09:45:57 am »
I've only been on one cruise, and it was Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the seas and it was wonderful and no dislikes.

Your getting the even bigger newest ship. I saw it on theToday show and it looks great.  I think I know what the Hump rooms is, there were several on our deck, and I'll bet they are wonderful.   If you go to http://billmccall.com you will see links to my cruise picks.  If you look at the upper decks you can see one part toward the back of the ship that extends out and gives the appearance of a hump. I have to think that is these rooms.

We had a balcony room and I would say it is the only way to go, we saw many a sunset and sunrise from it. LOVED IT.

If you look at the following picture count back 9 lifeboats and then you will see two more lifeboats. These are located below what I would call the hump rooms.

I'll anxiously await what you have to say about the Freedom.   If I could afford to book another one today, I might do the same.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:06:25 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spaceguy

• Hey!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 10:06:53 am »
It has been a couple of years since I was on Royal Caribbean.  Generally they are good and you should enjoy it.  

If I can post these here....

try www.cruisecritic.com   and www.cruisemates.com  They will have all the info and more that you are looking for.  You can find reviews of your ship and perhaps there is a roll call of others already booked and you can meet up with them!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 10:10:23 am »
My friends and family are tired of hearing about our cruise. However, if you look behind the handsome couple in this photo you will see an artists rendering of the ship. In that I think it more exaggarates the "hump rooms"  They are just over my wife's right shoulder.

The only dislikes were with the hot tubs. Only a couple were really hot and those were shut down at night. They always keep a couple open all night, but they were 98-100 and we had a few cool nights.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:12:11 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 10:39:20 am »
Huh.  When my uncle went to Tijuana, he asked for a hump room and they sent him to a seedy motel and set him up with a   hooker.

I gues a hump room is differnet on the cruise ships.
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 12:15:03 pm »
Huh.  When my uncle went to Tijuana, he asked for a hump room and they sent him to a seedy motel and set him up with a   hooker.

I gues a hump room is differnet on the cruise ships.

I refrained myself, but Drew, just had to go there.

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 10:36:15 am »
Not sure what a hump cabin is? We have sailed 4 RCCL, 3 Carnival, 1 Norweign, and 1 Holland America. RCCL is my favorite of all. I find itinery and departure location can influence the clientele of the ship. You will have a great time. I find the cabins larger on RCCL than other cruiselines and the food to be better.

Enjoy.

anne

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 04:41:50 am »
I have gone twice on Monarch of the Seas- 5 day cruise with a large group of friends. Sort of the budget version of a cruise, but great!!! And forever ago, as a child I got to go on a RCCL cruise in the Carribbean, so all the memories of that are sweetened by time, but it was great.

That ship you will be on has EVERYTHING!!! So much to do!!! An ice rink???? WOW. One thing I'd suggest is that you take a little time to plan to do nothing. The first time we went, we had a bunch we wanted to do in every port, were dancing every night, walked around the whole ship and in port so much that it was enough exercise that I gained no weight even though I was eating at least 2x normal. I'm not complaining, mind you, but when we got back, we felt like we had forgotten to just relax.
Second time around, we realized that Ensenada was really ok to miss, and laid around reading and swimming that whole day. I'm sure ALL of the stops yopur ship makes will be VERY worth seeing, but try to be lazy when just at sea.

And DO NOT miss the dessert bar!

Lastly, try to arrive to board as early as possible/reasonable. We got there a while before they opened for boarding, because of out flight time, and at first we resented sitting around for an hour or so in the terminal. But then we were able to board quickly with no lines, had a leisurely lunch on board looking out over the water, and since we were on the ship we felt like vacation had already started. Others arriving later had to stand in line for hours.

Dance like nobody's watching

autoplay

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 11:31:19 pm »
Thx all for the replies! I just returned from Indiana,was gone a little over a week. Trying to catch up on a ton of emails and various forums lol.

I'll add what I've learned via my wife and the message boards shes going to,when I get a little more free time lol.

Toodles for now

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 11:31:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42