What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can you paint swimming pool tile?  (Read 53724 times)

Brookenstein

Can you paint swimming pool tile?
« on: June 19, 2006, 07:02:08 pm »
And if so, what is the best way to go about it?

TIA!

Hot Tub Forum

Can you paint swimming pool tile?
« on: June 19, 2006, 07:02:08 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Can you paint swimming pool tile?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 08:46:10 pm »
Brooke, they must make a good tile paint for pools because I remember my Dad painting the tiles in our pool and that was about 35 years ago...I think some of the pool supply sites may sell the paint. I know it stayed on and I think he did it because some of the tile cracked and when he resealed them, it looked crappy, so he painted over the whole mess. What I don't know is if he had to prepare the tile surface to accept the paint or not. The tiles were glossy tiles. I bet Autoplay can give you the right answer.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 11:58:54 pm »
Are you talking about the ceramic tile?  Why would you want to do that?

I would not recommend painting tile.  They make paint for pools, but even that can turn out with disastrous results.  In my experience servicing pools, the ones that were painted always had problems.

If the tile looks bad, call someone who does renovations.  This will be your best bet.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 11:21:50 am »
They make paint for pools, but even that can turn out with disastrous results.  In my experience servicing pools, the ones that were painted always had problems.

A buddy of mine painted his pool, last ditch chance to get a couple of years out of a bad surface.  1st year went ok, 2nd year was a mess!  All chems had proper balance, yet you could not see the bottom!  The paint bubbled and trapped water underneath paint, which would not allow for filtration of that water.  Only way I would paint, would be if I was trying to flip a house with a bad looking pool.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 12:46:11 pm by wmccall »

rot30

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 08:58:08 am »
And if so, what is the best way to go about it?

TIA!

I have done this before. The tiles that were fixed in the swimming pool, I really didn't like that. Then I asked with one of my friend and he suggested me to paint the tile. It is little bit tricky but it can be done easily if you know the exact procedure to do that.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 08:58:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42