What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: it's magic  (Read 2621 times)

Russ

it's magic
« on: December 23, 2004, 10:17:44 am »
Had my first soak last night.  ;D WOW, did I sleep good!
had 3 beers too. Feel like I have a hangover today.  :P

just curious...
How long is too long to soak?

And whats the difference between shocking and chlorinating?

with Tablesp00ns.. ;D ::)

Hot Tub Forum

it's magic
« on: December 23, 2004, 10:17:44 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: it's magic
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 10:56:00 am »
Russ,

Your quality of life just jumped tremendously--isn't it great!

To me, length of soak is purely personal with the only influence being how hot one keeps the water.  I keep mine at a temp that allows me to stay as long as I want without having to get out or use the cooldown seat--100F now in winter and 96F in summer.  Seems like I'm at the lower end of the totem pole around here as there are many more that prefer 102+.

Chlorinating is the same to me as sanitizing with dichlor as opposed to shocking with either dichlor or MPS.  Sanitizing includes adding sanitizer to the water for the purpose of killing bacteria and the like.  Take using dichlor as your sanitizer, for instance.  The sanitization process takes free chlorine and combines it with the bacteria, effectively killing the bacteria, to form combined chlorines or chloromines--basically 'spent' chlorine.  These chloromines will stay in the water until shocked or oxidated.  The shocking process effectively oxidates or burns off the chloromines so that the only chlorine left is free chlorine--chlorine that is ready to kill.  Bromine works similarly.

Hope this helps-- 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 10:12:28 am »
Our water is usually set to about 100 degrees, and I'm also on the low end of the temperature setting club.
But we tend to stay in the water for about an hour per soak.  Especially when it's cold like it is right now.  No motivation to get out, that's for sure.
Nothing puts me out like hitting the spa right before bedtime.  

WSD did a good job on the sanizite question, so I won't say anything there except "What Windsurfdog said"
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 10:12:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42