What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: !BEWARE! Costco SCAM.....  (Read 12956 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: !BEWARE! Costco SCAM.....
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 01:08:38 am »
Wow, is this a late April fools joke? I actually like the siding.  Are you saying that the local dealers are delivering or just providing warrantee work? Should be a great seller.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 01:08:38 am »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 10:24:08 am »
Watkins is paying the local dealers to deliver. $700 is the going rate I'm told. Not bad. None the less, it's a bad move by Watkins, driven purely be the desire to grab market share. Only time will bear this out.

Wow, is this a late April fools joke? I actually like the siding.  Are you saying that the local dealers are delivering or just providing warrantee work? Should be a great seller.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

shabba34

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 11:32:33 am »
If that's got the standard HS warranty ... It's probably the best HS deal I've seen. I think my local HS dealer was selling the Soveriegn for $6800 in 2004.

5 year shell and structure
1 year no leak plumbing
1 year equipment
1 year LED light

Not quite the same warranty, only short by about 4 years.
This is only available online and not at local Costco warehouse locations.
The spa will not be branded with the HS logo anywhere, and it will be sold as a Watkins product from the "Makers of HS"
As far as it being a good or bad business decision?  Well, from a manufacturers point of view, selling a few thousand more spas a year never hurt anyone.  It gives the dealers an chance to make a few bucks for delivery and service, add on items like ozone, 220 sub panels etc... and should anything happen outside the warranty period, service call charges and labor and part costs would only benefit the dealers.  Plus, the chances that someone sees the spa online and becomes curious about the actual HS product, means more floor traffic for me with the opportunity to sell.  No brainer if you ask me! ;)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 12:13:14 pm »
Not a bad deal. We'll have to change our tune now when we talk about Costco spas.  ;D

What would it cost to add the 220 conversion kit and ozone through the dealer?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

shabba34

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 01:21:18 pm »
Not a bad deal. We'll have to change our tune now when we talk about Costco spas.  ;D

About $700.00 depending on the dealer.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 04:49:55 pm »
We shall see. I know a few things about getting paid for warranty work from Watkins, well see if they have the same issues with this delivery payment. Most likely in the form of credit.

5 year shell and structure
1 year no leak plumbing
1 year equipment
1 year LED light

Not quite the same warranty, only short by about 4 years.
This is only available online and not at local Costco warehouse locations.
The spa will not be branded with the HS logo anywhere, and it will be sold as a Watkins product from the "Makers of HS"
As far as it being a good or bad business decision?  Well, from a manufacturers point of view, selling a few thousand more spas a year never hurt anyone.  It gives the dealers an chance to make a few bucks for delivery and service, add on items like ozone, 220 sub panels etc... and should anything happen outside the warranty period, service call charges and labor and part costs would only benefit the dealers.  Plus, the chances that someone sees the spa online and becomes curious about the actual HS product, means more floor traffic for me with the opportunity to sell.  No brainer if you ask me! ;)

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2006, 08:47:46 pm »

The 'conversion kit' is nothing more than a raintite load center or 'subpanel' and two GFI breakers. I sell them for $150 to $225 depending upon how many breakers are inside. The one for a Higlife has a 20 and a 30 amp GFI breaker.

You can get them locally, but the price is generally higher - those GFI breakers aint cheap.

You can run the breakers in your main panel if the tub is close to that panel - again, you will have to buy two GFI breakers.

To change the tub, you simply remove the power cord, change some jumpers on the power block, and then change one jumper on the mother board.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2006, 08:47:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42