What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: !BEWARE! Costco SCAM.....  (Read 12846 times)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
!BEWARE! Costco SCAM.....
« on: April 04, 2006, 12:20:00 pm »
BE WARNED! I DON'T WANT THIS HAPPENING TO YOU, LIKE IT HAPPENED TO ME. I

FEEL SO FOOLISH (AND CHEAP).

I don't how many of you shop at Costco, but this may be useful to know. I have become a victim of a clever scam while out shopping there. This happened to me and it could happen to you. Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 18-year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping in the trunk. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy t-shirts. It is impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to another Costco. You agree and they get in the back seat. On the way, they start having sex with each other. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and performs oral sex on you, while the other one steals your wallet. I had my wallet stolen last Tuesday, Wednesday, twice on Thursday, again on Saturday... and also yesterday............. and most likely tomorrow.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

!BEWARE! Costco SCAM.....
« on: April 04, 2006, 12:20:00 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: !BEWARE! Costco SCAM.....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 12:34:33 pm »
And wouldn't you know it, I shop at BJ's.   :-[

(remeber years ago, when they first came to MA, (20 years now?)  they had several young,  attractive  ladies walk around town wearing buttons/pins that said "Ask me about BJs!".

I wonder if they could do that today and not get into trouble?
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 08:37:48 pm »
drewstar, only if they're NOT wearing HOOTERS t-shirts, I'd guess?
RIP C-Rod

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 10:06:38 am »
One of the HotSpring dealers I'm friendly with told me this story about his girlfriend when we were in Australia:

Back in the late 70's during the CB radio craze, my buddy's girlfriend (Jean) and another girl (Barbara) decided to take a road trip from the northeast through the southwest.  The car they rented had a CB and they listened in fascination as truckers and travellers bantered back and forth over the airwaves.  Being a couple of young women in their late teens, they thought it would be fun to chat with people along the way.

They needed a handle.

Jean had a suggestion: "Let's call ourselves the 'JB Express'".

Barbara said: "That sounds good, but since I'm older than you, we'll be the 'BJ Express'".

And so the BJ Express was formed.

"Breaker, breaker 1-9, this is the BJ Express saying a big 'Hello' to all you truckers out there in Texas!"

The airwaves erupted!

"Come on back BJ Express, this here's Little Weasel.  What's your 20?"

"Howdy BJ Express!  They call me the LadyKiller.  Wanna pull over at the local 'Choke and Puke' and have a cup of coffee?"

"Breaker, breaker, this here's Turkey Gobbler lookin' for the BJ Express, come on back now."

And on and on and on and on.

Now the BJ Express was oblivious to the, um, titillating connotation of their chosen handle as they were virtuous young women who were unlearned in the more sordid ways of the world.

As the traffic of 18-wheelers rapidly increased and encircled their vehicle, a Texas Highway Patrolman (Smokey Bear) caught up with them on the flip side and pulled them over much to the consternation of the truckers.

"What in the HELL are you two gals doin' stirring things up like that?" Smokey Bear growled.  "Turn that damn radio off and if I hear one more peep out of the BJ Express, I'm takin' ya'll to jail."

The girls never realized until 20 years later what caused all the fuss.  They had finally lost their innocence.

True story.

Terminator  
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 10:16:39 am »
Huh. My friend Richard Smocah had a similliar problem when he  drove through San Francisco.  ???   ::)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 10:18:56 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 11:11:22 am »
Huh. My friend Richard Smocah had a similliar problem when he  drove through San Francisco.  ???   ::)

Dick Trickle probably had no problem, though, as his car is very fast.

Terminator

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 12:48:16 pm »

Recent developments at Costco.com

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=&topnav=&prodid=11112486&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=11#Top

Wow.

Chas, as a HS dealer, what's the deal here?  Honestly, I'd be very tempted at this...very much so.  

Wait...1 pump? 110v? ahhhhh.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 12:49:16 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 01:04:36 pm »
It's a rehash of an old model HS discontinued awhile back. Very roomy, deep, has a Moto Massage and several other types of jets, a unique siding design unlike HS or TR tubs. Comes with step and lifter. It's a good solid tub for the money though - IMO.

It can be converted to 220 so you run jets and heat, but yes, the pump is not exactly huge. To convert you need to spring for the subpanel - or provide two GFI circuits to run the tub.

These just came on line today, or yesterday I think. The dealers in the local area will do the delivery, and the warranty support - and yes, we get paid by the factory to do so.

80% of the dealers in the US are part of the program. I'm one of them.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 01:06:49 pm »

Very much like a Sovereign on Steroids. OK, maybe HGH.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 01:17:04 pm »

These just came on line today, or yesterday I think. The dealers in the local area will do the delivery, and the warranty support - and yes, we get paid by the factory to do so.

80% of the dealers in the US are part of the program. I'm one of them.

Damn. Even with springing for the extra sub panel I am impressed.
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 01:24:22 pm »
They should sell a TON of them.  There's no Costco near us but I guess when folks order them off the internet in our area, we'll deliver them.

Terminator

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 01:26:51 pm »
can you add  ozone?

Are these built and tested in the same factory as the rest of the HS line?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 01:27:55 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 05:47:21 pm »
Yes, you can add Ozone - $399 from most dealers, $799 from East Texas and $299 from me.

And yes, they are built and backed just like any other HotSpring spa. The main difference would be options: you can get it in any color you want, as long as it's Sand, siding is redwood colored: but it's not exactly the same stuff as the regular HS line.

The light is a lovely, unwavering, very dependable blue.

The lift is the ProLift/Lift and Glide - which is our very finest lifter in the entry-level category.

And the tub ships with a step! It's a nominee for 'best supporting accessory' and is made of a wonderful, all-organic material known affectionately as "Wood."

It has many jets, some of which can be run at the same time, and the world-famous MotoMassage jet is right there in the lounger just waiting to relax you in ways you never dreamed - unless you have been in the spa industry as long as I have.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 09:05:37 pm »
If that's got the standard HS warranty ... It's probably the best HS deal I've seen. I think my local HS dealer was selling the Soveriegn for $6800 in 2004.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 09:05:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42