What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Geneva versus Hot Spring Vista  (Read 5121 times)

pslmd

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Caldera Geneva versus Hot Spring Vista
« on: December 06, 2004, 09:10:04 pm »
       I am looking at the two above spas and have wet tested both and like both a lot, but maybe the caldera just a notch more.  I like the triple filter for the hot springs  a lot better though --- does it really clean the entire pool every 10 minutes?  How does the single filter by caldera compare?  Assuming price is close --about $7800 for the Geneva and $8500 for the vista, but what seems to be a better filter with the vista, plus the Moto Massage in the lounge seat for the vista which was unique to the vista, which would you advise buying??   Is $7800 an average price or very good price for the Geneva (including all but radio)?

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Geneva versus Hot Spring Vista
« on: December 06, 2004, 09:10:04 pm »

poolboy34

Re: Caldera Geneva versus Hot Spring Vista
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 09:14:55 pm »
You've gotten excelent prices on BOTH spas, and can't go wrong with either.  The filtration on the caldera is excelent.  We haven't noticed any HUGE difference between the filtration of the Cladera's when compared to D-1 Spas, which we also carry.  Does the Vista you were quoted on come with the everfresh ozone system??  I'd let your wet test decide for you.  they are both excelent spas.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 09:27:08 pm »
The filtration system on the HS rocks. But the Caldera will do a fine job for you too.

I would let the wet test decide.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 09:36:56 pm »
I would  suggest you not let price decide which is the better spa for you.....the price is close enough that you should get one that feel you will be most happy with over the years....both are nice spas

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 01:38:49 am »
Both are great spas. Take a day or two and you'll probably figure out which is best for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gerry11

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 07:29:13 am »

Vista !

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 01:31:14 pm »
You can't go wrong with either of these spas.  Both are top notch.  With respect to filtration you are correct that they are different.  I am an engineer and studied the two designs carefully and concluded that the difference has no practical conscequence.  Both spas have sparkling clean water.  The HS uses a lot more surface area for the cartridge filters.  This would imply that all else being equal the HS filters would require less frequent cleaning for a given usage level.  They would consequently also require less frequent replacement.  On the other hand, replacement cost would be significantly higher for HS than for Caldera per filter replacement (four filters costs more than one).  In the end, for a given level of filtration, both are equal in performance with the difference being frequency of cleaning (one fiter requiring more frequent attention than four), and similar overall cost if you look at the long term.  

My advice to you is to ignore the filtration system difference and focus on how comfortable you are in each tub.  Then after purchase, carefully follow the manufacturer's instructions for maintenance and enjoy clean water from either system.

Regards,

Bill

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 03:27:43 pm »
Just a note on the filters the Vista uses.  They use the new Tri-X filters.  I think these babies are going to last an awful long time.  They are plastic and not paper or cloth. So the replacement cost isn't as high as you would think do to the fact that they will last longer than the older filters.

You also clean them in the dishwasher with the rinse cycle, very very easy to maintain.

Jonathan

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 04:34:54 pm »
My wife wouldn,t let me put a filter in a place we put dishes that we EAT off of. Yech!!!!bobhol

nelg

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 10:37:46 pm »
Filtering should be the least of your worrys?!!
I work for Arctic Spas so of coarse I'm a little partiar to them.
Hot Springs is a good spa, you should look at Arctic befofe you buy.

poolboy34

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 11:40:06 pm »
uh i believe the original poster has narrowed their choices down to these two spas.  And besides, there probably isn't an arctic dealer in their area anyways seeing as they are few and far between.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 11:50:44 pm by ht-mod »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 11:40:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42