What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rash on neck and upper back?  (Read 2176 times)

lucy1234

Rash on neck and upper back?
« on: November 30, 2004, 10:52:36 pm »
We have had our hot tub since October and I have never had any problems until recently.  We use bromine in the tub.  In the last week I have developed a rash on my neck and upper back.  It is red but doesn't really itch or bother me.  We test the tub every night and it seems to be in the right range.  It did have a bunch of foam the other night that I was playing with while sitting in the tub.  Could it just be that or do you think I am allergic to the bromine?  Thanks for any help.

Hot Tub Forum

Rash on neck and upper back?
« on: November 30, 2004, 10:52:36 pm »

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
Re: Rash on neck and upper back?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 10:32:56 am »
Hi Lucy1234:

Foam is ALMOST always a sign of "dirty" (for lack of a better term) water.

I recently responded to a similar question in another thread (click here) discussing this.  Chances are, you have low sanitation levels.

I'd suggest you re-evaluate sanitation and check chemistry.  When was your last water change?

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 10:48:53 am »
Thirty day water change:

At the end of the first thirty days of spa ownership, you should do a water change. Foam is a pretty good sign that you are ready. I have recommended this to my customers for years, and it really helps a lot.  A lot!

Turn off the power, drain the tub, a lite rinse, and fill 'er up. Once full, do any air bleeding or other special steps your spa needs, run the jets for a few moment, and then balance the water chem.

Heat, and add people.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 10:48:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42