What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Waiting for dealer to deliver  (Read 4783 times)

dakris

Waiting for dealer to deliver
« on: November 28, 2004, 07:02:01 pm »
Looking for advise from some of the more experienced crowd.  Heres the story.  Started looking for hot tubs about a year ago.  Wet tested several in the area and found a D1 that seamed to fit our needs.  The dealer is close, about three miles away and seemed to be ok in the beginning.  We put down the deposit on Sept 24th. and were told the tub would be 4 to 6 weeks.  This would give us time to get the site ready.  At seven weeks I called to check on the tub.  This was the first contact since the deposit.  I was told the factory was swamped with orders and they couldn't keep up.  The tub would be another two weeks.  Well two weeks later I called and was told it was almost ready but had not shipped yet.  Wednesday I was told that the tub was enroute but the driver was going to Texas for Thanksgiving before stopping in Kansas then to Iowa.  Was promised it would be here on Monday November 29, but will wait and see.  It's going to be 11 weeks or more before I will see the tub.  Does anyone online here have an opinion as to whether the factory was really that busy?  Well I feel a little better after typing this all out.  I welcome your opinions.

Hot Tub Forum

Waiting for dealer to deliver
« on: November 28, 2004, 07:02:01 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Waiting for dealer to deliver
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 11:39:06 pm »
Sounds a bit odd, PM me and let me know who your dealer is and where you live and I will do some checking for you. I'm having dinner tomorrow with people at D1 that can make a differance.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 02:10:43 am »
Translation...

Your dealer neglected to order the tub.

The dealer/manufacturer will have to do something to compensate you no doubt. My suggestion is to call their head office and casually ask their standard ship times to your area. Have your information on hand and ask the date your order was placed.

If your dealer isn't going to be upfront with you, you need to know this NOW! There's nothing wrong with making a mistake but being honest is paramount. I don't know of any factory's that are running an 11 or 12 week ship date at this time of year. ???

If Stuart can help, he will.

Gotta go and loose some more money here in Vegas. If you've never been, you gotta see this place. AMAZING! :o

Steve

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 10:33:29 am »
Got an email off to your rep. let me know what happens today.

Steve,
loosen up those machines for me would ya!?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 11:13:12 am »
Steve and Stuart,

Thanks for giving this guy help and advice. I hope we hear from him.  This is the main reason I bought a floor model (That and they had exactly what I wanted.)  Now that I know my dealer better, if I was buying a new hot tub and mine was still working, I wouldn't hesitate to put in an order with him.

The last time I bought anything that had to be built by the factory was my telescope. (PS) The girl in the photo is about to turn 21!, she was 10 here)

I had been saving money for it for a year, then just as I saved enough, it was announced that Comet Schumaker/Levy was going to hit Jupiter and telescope sales reached record heights.  The dealer told me 3 months, it ended up being 5.  In the end it was worth the wait, but I sure appreciate Dakris concerns.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 11:15:11 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 11:31:49 am »
Dobs rule !!  ;D ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

dakris

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 12:06:45 pm »
Thank you all that have replied, I have the name of the trucking company and will be calling today to see where the truck is.  The snow storm in Kansas may have slowed him down.  

I will update as I know more.

Thanks again to all.

dakris

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 03:41:21 pm »
Received a call from the Dealer, implied that the truck is snowed in in Kansas.  Won't be delivered until tomorrow.  

After this long what's one more day.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 07:41:09 am »
Received a call from the Dealer, implied that the truck is snowed in in Kansas.  Won't be delivered until tomorrow.  

After this long what's one more day.

Good luck today!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 08:31:21 am »
As soon as you start enjoying that new tub, you'll forget all about the wait........good luck and may the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 08:31:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42