What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: This forum is in dire need of moderation.  (Read 4910 times)

Spa Tech

This forum is in dire need of moderation.
« on: July 20, 2000, 07:17:50 pm »

Early in this forums advent, I made the decision to discipline myself in how many times I posted and what topics I responded to. This came about because multiple posts were being spawned from the same questions and the same answers being posted along with a smattering of "off-topic" posts. The more "same-topic", "off-topic" and mulitple posts there are on the forum, the more difficult it is to navigate and glean helpful information from it.

Furthermore, threads have grown to monsterous proportions in responce to my intitial comments, in 3 and 4 page long disagreements that have little relevance to those who come here to become informed spa and hot tub customers. I've attempted to keep the forum clear of unending heated debates over product differences by offering to discuss it outside the forum, via e-mail, without result.

In lieu of a moderator, I will further curtail my posts and will not respond to argumentative responces or hair-splitting issues that are simply a difference of opinion.

Hopefully others will exhibit this same discipline.

As always, if any of you wish to contact me with your questions about the hot tub industry feel free to e-mail me or post your inquiry to the forum.

Hot Tub Forum

This forum is in dire need of moderation.
« on: July 20, 2000, 07:17:50 pm »

SpaSalesMan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:This forum is in dire need of moderation.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2000, 09:23:03 pm »
If you want the board all to yourself just say so.  I have recieved 26 emails in the last 3 days from dealers salespeople, and customers shopping.  All have said they thank me for posting on the board and state that i supply fair, partial and un-bias information.  All of my info is correct to the best of mt knowledge.  I like to help people. Im somewhat shocked how many people have emailed me stating how helpfull and incitfull my posts are.  I never answer with ione sentence, I put a great deal of time and thought in my answers.  I offer this info free of charge and never try to sell anything to anyone.  Because you choose not to post as often or are selective to those you feel like helping, does not mean that I can not try to help everyone that needs it.  Your response and your post was not informative nor helpful to anyone reading here.Whhen you state someone is lying as you did with me, then do not post a reply to my wanting to know how, you make yourself look childish. Due to request from readers here, I will continue to try to help anyone (not a select few) that may have a question I can either answer, or help find an answer to.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: This forum is in dire need of moderation.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 03:14:11 pm »
Does anybody know if "Spa Salesman" was JA??? ??? ??? ??? ???

This is an old post BTW, so don't spend a lot of time responding to the actual content.   ::)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 03:19:04 pm »
Chas, you are bored today!  I'm glad I read all the messages before I fire off angry replies. (Learned that lesson too many times)  My day has calmed down a bit. The computer that receives orders from Walmart was down over the weekend and people around here get bent out of shape when they here Walmart if having problems sending us orders.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 03:19:47 pm »
Can you say "troll"? :P
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 03:23:14 pm »
Well, yes, I am bored. I have a day off, and that is totally foreign to my poor, frazzled brain. :-[

But I have looked at a lot of the old posts, just for fun, and the posts by "Spa Salesman" have an Arjunaesque feel to them. But in more than one post he claims to have sold HotSpring for five years -

An enigma wrapped in a mystery.....

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 03:23:40 pm »
Troll.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 03:28:06 pm »
Chas, honey, you should take advantage of your rare day off and enjoy some California sunshine.

I have to tell you, my dad was watching the USC game the other night, and I walked in and made a comment on how it was pouring rain, but to hear you talk, it never rains in "Sunny California".  He turns to me, straight face, and said "It is night."

Man, I get it from all sides!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 03:41:12 pm »
Lori,

It never rains in California, but girl let me warn you, when it rains, it pours!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 03:41:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42