What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HOT SPOT  (Read 2843 times)

gkck

HOT SPOT
« on: November 27, 2004, 10:59:27 pm »
I just purchased a used HOT SPOT by Hot Springs. It is about 8 years old. It is a round one that AAFES sold for a few years. It only has four jets but my wife and I have never owned a hot tub and for $400.00 I figured we could get started. It is a 115V unit and appears to work great. I have a leak that I believe is around the pump shaft but it is outside and I figure I can live with hit until the spring when I will empty it for cleaning. I was just wondering if anyone else here has owned one of these and thier feelings as well as other possible problems to look out for.

Thanks
GKCK

Hot Tub Forum

HOT SPOT
« on: November 27, 2004, 10:59:27 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: HOT SPOT
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 12:49:59 pm »
I don't really have much to add here -

they are good, simple little tubs.

I would keep an eye on the pump shaft seal leak to be sure you are not getting water into the motor. You may end up with a more expensive repair if you start getting corrosion on the end-bell of the motor, or if the motor bearing goes out on you.  
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

georgiapeach

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 06:41:21 pm »
I just purchased a used HOT SPOT by Hot Springs. It is about 8 years old. It is a round one that AAFES sold for a few years. It only has four jets but my wife and I have never owned a hot tub and for $400.00 I figured we could get started. It is a 115V unit and appears to work great. I have a leak that I believe is around the pump shaft but it is outside and I figure I can live with hit until the spring when I will empty it for cleaning. I was just wondering if anyone else here has owned one of these and thier feelings as well as other possible problems to look out for.

Thanks
GKCK

AAFES?  Are you in the Air Force?  

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 07:34:35 pm »

Hot Spots where sold through the military base commissary’s at one time

gkck

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 10:38:39 pm »

Actual I am prior Active Army and I am now in the National Guard. The individual I purchased it from bought it through AAFES and I had a neighbor who had purchased one also through them. I do not believe they sell them anymore.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 10:38:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42