What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Update On Grandee  (Read 10650 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Update On Grandee
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2004, 02:25:35 pm »
but I take the extra little second to use the filter lid as a paddle

What a great idea! The next time I find myself up you-know-what-creek without a paddle I'm going to try a couple of Grandee filter lid's!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2004, 02:25:35 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2004, 07:31:31 pm »
What color lids would you like me to send  to you?

Just call with your credit card number...

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

georgiapeach

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 10:54:42 am »

Yea, too much on the left side of the tub and not enough water on the right side.  ;D

HA!  If you knew me, you'd know how naive I am and would have believed ya, but since I've been reading these posts, I know how ya are...  ;D

thanks for the laugh!  

georgiapeach

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2004, 10:58:42 am »

Come on guys, do I post silly comments when your trying to make a serious point!!! ......I do :-[.....oh ya, sorry..... ;)

Jawjapeech,
(Sorry the old accent comes back when I think about WR) If your PH and/or alkalinity is to far out of wack (high) the sanitizer can be slow to dissolve.

jawjapeech???? LOL....too cute.  I checked my ph and everything seems to be okay...the stuff dissolved finally....I am gonna try to dissolve it in water first and see how that works.  
The hubby comes home tonight after being gone a month.  He hasn't seen the hot tub yet; only pics that I've sent him.  Of course, weather is crappy here (tornado warnings, etc.), so not sure we'll be hot tubbing it tonight or not... :-(  

georgiapeach

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2004, 11:01:31 am »
You should NOT be adding any dry chem in such a way that it can come into contact with the surface of your tub. You want to premix it with water (a bit of a hassle, but worth it if you want a tub that lasts for three decades) or you can sprinkle chems into the filter compartment with the jets running. That's what I do on my spa, but I take the extra little second to use the filter lid as a paddle to stir the water and wash the chems off the tops of the filters. I have found that the chems sitting on the tops of the filters can stay there long enough to discolor the filters even with the jets on.

Now, if you ARE adding chems the way I have outlined, and you still have a powder forming on the bottom of the tub, you may have a balance problem: most likely your pH and TA are a bit high. You should address this one quickly.

Thanks Chas!  I have been adding the chems into the filter compartment.  The setup guy told me to do that, but I wasn't "swishing" is around...I'll let y'all know how mixing it with a bit of water before adding, works when I do that this weekend.  The ph and everything has been good so far and the water is clear, so that's a good thing, right?  :-)

BTW:  HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE... :-)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2004, 11:09:23 am »
Hey Peachy!

I saw Bette Midler, and the Divine Miss M was as Divine as ever!

Thanks for asking!  I'm seeing Manheim Steamroller next month!  Ought to be a great Christmas show!

Lori,

I know people who went to see Manheim Steamroller last Sunday in Bismarck. Awesome show, better light show then the Eagles. They said it's a great way to get into the holiday spirit. Have fun!!

Spahappy :D

georgiapeach

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2004, 11:11:39 am »
Hey Peachy!

I saw Bette Midler, and the Divine Miss M was as Divine as ever!

Thanks for asking!  I'm seeing Manheim Steamroller next month!  Ought to be a great Christmas show!

Hey Lori!!! :-)

That's it...Bette Midler... :-) Bet it was great!  I would love to see Manheim Steamroller...let me know how that one was.  

Have a great Thanksgiving!  

georgiapeach

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2004, 11:13:09 am »
You can dissolve the powder in a container first, but be careful to not breathe in the fumes from the concentrated solution.

Thanks Doc...I'll remember that... :-)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2004, 11:23:32 am »
jawjapeech,
I have a theory as to why you needed a Grande.

You see if you lived up north you would invite people into the spa by saying "Hop in, eh" but when you live in Georgia an invitation would sound like "Ya'all get in now" and that calls for a very large tub! ;) ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2004, 11:38:01 am »
jawjapeech,
It's "Grandee."

Spanish for "Duke." In some south American countries it means "Best" or "Better than Optimal." Some local dialects shorten it "Beats an Optima."

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

georgiapeach

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2004, 11:44:14 am »
jawjapeech,

You see if you lived up north you would invite people into the spa by saying "Hop in, eh" but when you live in Georgia an invitation would sound like "Ya'all get in now" and that calls for a very large tub! ;) ;D

I am LMAO....That's so true!  As a matter of fact, I told my friends that on Friday..."Y'all need to come over git in the tub with us".... :-)

georgiapeach

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 11:45:38 am »
jawjapeech,

I am LMAO...that's so true....as a matter of fact I told my friends that on Friday "Y'all need to come over git in the tub with us".... :-)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2004, 11:50:08 am »
It's "Grandee."

Spanish for "Duke." In some south American countries it means "Best" or "Better than Optimal." Some local dialects shorten it "Beats an Optima."
 ;)

Yes I know it is but I irritate the heck out of a buddy of mine that sells hotspring by spelling it this way so I seem to continue it just as kind of a physiological jab to the HS guy's! If you will notice quite often I use a lower case "g" also for the same reason. Really doesn't mean a thing to anyone but me most of the time.

Optimal means; greatest degree or amount possible under given circumstances.  

A Marquis is a duke that was born outside the kingdom or royal realm and rose above the "circumstances" to rule a portion of the country.  
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 11:51:26 am by stuart »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2004, 12:23:56 pm »

Lori,

I know people who went to see Manheim Steamroller last Sunday in Bismarck. Awesome show, better light show then the Eagles. They said it's a great way to get into the holiday spirit. Have fun!!

Spahappy :D

Thanks Spahappy!  I was sure it would be fantastic.  I had tickets to see them 2 years ago, but my Mom got sick, and I didn't get to go.  (I don't like going to concerts by myself!)  This year, I have already warned her about getting sick!  j/t

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2004, 12:25:17 pm »

Hey Lori!!! :-)

That's it...Bette Midler... :-) Bet it was great!  I would love to see Manheim Steamroller...let me know how that one was.  

Have a great Thanksgiving!  

I will fill you in on how it is!  I'm so psyched!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2004, 12:25:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42