What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Update On Grandee  (Read 10640 times)

georgiapeach

Update On Grandee
« on: November 21, 2004, 03:59:58 pm »
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around, but I was out of town last week for a conference.  Went to Charleston SC...what a beautiful town!  I couldn't believe the number of eating establishments!  Anything and everything!  

Anyway, my Grandee is doing GREAT!  Of course, it was delivered on a Thursday and I left on Monday, so I didn't get to use it much... :-(  I was so worried that when I got back the water would be cloudy or something, but it wasn't... :-)  I chorinated it before I left and shocked it when I got home (as per instructions from my dealer).  The only thing I noticed after shocking is that a few of the granules are sitting at the bottom of the tub.  Maybe I didn't leave the jets on long enough?  But if that's all the problems I have, I think I'm doin really well, eh?  :-)  

My daughter came home from college today and saw the tub for the first time; we're going to enjoy it tonight... :-)  And then I'll ruin it all by some serious talking about grades!  UGH!  

I want to thank everyone for their help and making me feel more confident about not screwing things up with the tub... :-)  

Peachy

Hot Tub Forum

Update On Grandee
« on: November 21, 2004, 03:59:58 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Update On Grandee
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 04:08:59 pm »
You might have an issue with your water balance if your sanitiser is not desolving.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 04:13:12 pm »
I'm so glad to hear you are finally relaxing!  About the water maintenance, that is!!!

You might want to dissolve your shock before putting it in.  That will prevent any granules sitting on the bottom of your spa.  I don't know what you are using for shock, but some chems can cause problems for the shell.

Just a thought!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

georgiapeach

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 04:15:55 pm »
You might have an issue with your water balance if your sanitiser is not desolving.

Water Balance?  

georgiapeach

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 04:17:40 pm »
I'm so glad to hear you are finally relaxing!  About the water maintenance, that is!!!

You might want to dissolve your shock before putting it in.  That will prevent any granules sitting on the bottom of your spa.  I don't know what you are using for shock, but some chems can cause problems for the shell.

Just a thought!

Me too!  I gave myself a huge headache that day...and for no reason!  

I'm using "FreshWater" MPS Chlorine-free Oxidizer".  That's what it says on the container....It's what my HotSpring dealer gave me, along with all kinds of other stuff....

Lori

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 04:20:15 pm »
That is what I thought.  If I am giving a big dose of chems (whatever they may be) I dissolve them in a cup of water (dipped out of the tub).  There are a few of the experts who have suggested this before, and I know Chas would say the same!  (I can't remember the other experts who also said this, so I don't want to step on any toes)!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 04:21:02 pm »
Cheers to your new spa and many years of happy tubbing!

Spahappy :D

georgiapeach

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 04:36:38 pm »
That is what I thought.  If I am giving a big dose of chems (whatever they may be) I dissolve them in a cup of water (dipped out of the tub).  There are a few of the experts who have suggested this before, and I know Chas would say the same!  (I can't remember the other experts who also said this, so I don't want to step on any toes)!

I'll try that... :-)  They told me to put 3 T per 250 gal of water, so I put in 6 T.  I'll let you know if it disolves better... :-)  Thanks for the advice, Lori... :-)  BTW... How was the concert you went to?  I can't remember who you went to see... :-(

georgiapeach

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 04:38:29 pm »
Cheers to your new spa and many years of happy tubbing!

Spahappy :D

Thanks so much!  I'm going to try to take some pics tonight with the lights on and send them to my hubby who is out of town at a school and has only seen pics of the tub so far!  He's looking forward to trying it out Wednesday night when he comes home for a few days for Thanksgiving and then back to school... :-(  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 05:24:53 pm »

Water Balance?  

Yea, too much on the left side of the tub and not enough water on the right side.  ;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 07:04:13 pm »

Yea, too much on the left side of the tub and not enough water on the right side.  ;D

I hate it when that happens.  :D :D ;D ;D :D :D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 10:02:23 pm »
I hate it when that happens.  :D :D ;D ;D :D :D

Come on guys, do I post silly comments when your trying to make a serious point!!! ......I do :-[.....oh ya, sorry..... ;)

Jawjapeech,
(Sorry the old accent comes back when I think about WR) If your PH and/or alkalinity is to far out of wack (high) the sanitizer can be slow to dissolve.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2004, 10:18:03 am »
Jawjapeech,
(Sorry the old accent comes back when I think about WR) If your PH and/or alkalinity is to far out of wack (high) the sanitizer can be slow to dissolve.

You should NOT be adding any dry chem in such a way that it can come into contact with the surface of your tub. You want to premix it with water (a bit of a hassle, but worth it if you want a tub that lasts for three decades) or you can sprinkle chems into the filter compartment with the jets running. That's what I do on my spa, but I take the extra little second to use the filter lid as a paddle to stir the water and wash the chems off the tops of the filters. I have found that the chems sitting on the tops of the filters can stay there long enough to discolor the filters even with the jets on.

Now, if you ARE adding chems the way I have outlined, and you still have a powder forming on the bottom of the tub, you may have a balance problem: most likely your pH and TA are a bit high. You should address this one quickly.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2004, 11:50:05 am »
Hey Peachy!

I saw Bette Midler, and the Divine Miss M was as Divine as ever!

Thanks for asking!  I'm seeing Manheim Steamroller next month!  Ought to be a great Christmas show!

Dr_Eclat

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2004, 12:16:07 pm »
You can dissolve the powder in a container first, but be careful to not breathe in the fumes from the concentrated solution.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2004, 12:16:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42