What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Seasonal Hours  (Read 5793 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Seasonal Hours
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 02:26:40 pm »
M-F 10am-6pm
SAT 10am-4pm
Closed Sunday

You guys see much traffic on Sundays? I gave it a shot a while ago and it was dead.  Fri-Sat usually the busy days.  

Just Curious

Here's a little secret for you.... Schedule all of your wet tests for Sunday and you will see an immediate increase in sales. Before long you will have to be open on Sunday because people will get used to it and shop more frequent.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 02:26:40 pm »

poolboy34

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2004, 03:11:38 pm »
Sundays in the early spring and late fall are usually very slow for us, during the summer months(pool Season) they are one of the busiest days of the week.  That's a great tip Stuart, never thought of that.  I'll have to mention that to my sales staff.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2004, 07:59:56 pm »
Sundays have been a great day for us...Less folks who are just  looking and more folks who are ready to make a decision....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2004, 08:41:14 pm »
I'm not going to give specific hours as many here have given some good suggestions on that. What I will say is that it depends on a number of factors such as location, demand and trial & error. If you are located in an area with a number of other businesses open on Sundays or late Thursday nights, then it makes sense. You always want to go after the low hanging fruit and if there's a demand, you as a retailer have to fill it.

If you are a "destination location", meaning off the beaten path and in a non retail area, then it might not be worth the cost of opening on Sundays or having extended hours 12 months of the year.

I suggest to always give your prospects the opportunity to come back on a Sunday if it's more convenient, just from a customer service aspect.

Again, depending on your Geographic’s, spring and fall most likely will be your 2 busiest times and to experiment with Sundays and later hours during these peak times might be worth considering.

My 2 cents anyway...

Steve
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 08:44:22 pm by Steve »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2004, 11:10:14 am »
Sundays in the early spring and late fall are usually very slow for us, during the summer months(pool Season) they are one of the busiest days of the week.  That's a great tip Stuart, never thought of that.  I'll have to mention that to my sales staff.

I tell a customer that says "I'll be back" when they are obviously not serious just using it as an excuse that we have a bus called the be-back-bus but it only runs on Sunday.  It will come to your house whenever you get out of church and pick you up; they serve be-back-burritos, be-back-beer and play re-runs of the game on a big screen in the bus. When they say "Really?" I say "No but I kinda thought we were telling stories when you said you’d be back so I had to come up with one". If you say this with humor and a smile you would be surprised at how often you really get a commitment to come back! I usually follow it up with “So do we need to send the bus to your house on Sunday or will you drive in on your own?”

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2004, 11:46:00 am »
I tell a customer that says "I'll be back" when they are obviously not serious just using it as an excuse that we have a bus called the be-back-bus but it only runs on Sunday.  It will come to your house whenever you get out of church and pick you up; they serve be-back-burritos, be-back-beer and play re-runs of the game on a big screen in the bus. When they say "Really?" I say "No but I kinda thought we were telling stories when you said you’d be back so I had to come up with one".
Funny. I usually just punch 'em. That way at least I know I'll get a phone number, even if it's just their lawyer. Hey it works: I've sold tubs to plenty of the lawyers and one judge.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2004, 12:28:52 pm »
Well, Chas, considering California has a plethora of high paid attorneys and judges...you should be standing outside the courthouses plugging HotSprings!!!

LOL!!!   ;)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2004, 09:53:01 am »
Well, Chas, considering California has a plethora of high paid attorneys and judges...you should be standing outside the courthouses plugging HotSprings!!!

LOL!!!   ;)

Who says I don't??  ;) ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2004, 09:53:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42