What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Well before I golf on early spring weekends  (Read 38336 times)

jaw

• Golf - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
Well before I golf on early spring weekends
« on: February 04, 2005, 02:37:44 pm »
I like to soak for about 15 mins with some coffee.

Now that being out of the way.  I been eyeballing a certain driver (semi-old school), it is the Taylor Made (and I am no TM fan mind you), R580xd - it has a host of shaft options.

Any golfers out there who might offer an opinion of this item?  I presently play a Mizuno MP001 driver with NV65 S shaft.

Thanks.

Oh, and thanks Bill  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

Well before I golf on early spring weekends
« on: February 04, 2005, 02:37:44 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Well before I golf on early spring weekends
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 03:00:31 pm »
Being a lefty, I build my own, even then my options are limited.  I built a Golfsmith Hi-cor last year and followed up with the 3,5 and 7 wood.   They cut quite a bit off my score.  Now, if they only sold the irons in left handed I could have a good looking set that isn't patchwork.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 03:08:52 pm »
Any of you tubbers live on a golf course?  I had started a group on Yahoo and we had one member there who uploaded his pictures and he lived on a course.  Wouldn't that be heaven? My mom built a new house on a golf course, when she leaves it to me, I'll move my tub there. :D
http://www.harborridgegolf.com/course.html

Her house is between the 8th green and the 9th tee.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 03:09:36 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

jaw

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 03:44:20 pm »
HICOR :-/ :'( ??? ??? :-[

Bad Bill - them's not clubs you'd use in a tourney or to keep a handicap would ya?

I urge you to consider any (almost any) 460cc head and see how it performs compared to the things you have made.

As far as matched sets - they are a thing of the past.

Not even most of the pros (as in paid to play Ping Made Away) play a full set of one brand let alone one model.

So that should be (seriously) the last of your worries.

It begins and end with that works best for you and your game.

I play a Mizuno Driver, Soartec 3 wood, Precept hybrid, Ping Irons (I have 2 different sets), Ping wedges (similar to one of the sets but still a different model), and a Cameron Putter (I have 2 and am having a putt off - to see which stays and which gets sold).

I have about 5 brands of golf balls that I prefer to play too.

So if your irons don't match the woods but they DO match your swing then keep them.

But get rid of the Hi  :-[ Cor stuff!  (seriously now if they work for you I'll look the other way)  I used to be a club maker too, I got it out of my system.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 03:45:20 pm »
Being a lefty ...

That pretty much explains it!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 07:20:10 pm »
Yup. I was thinkin' the same thing.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 10:29:25 pm »
I have a feeling that this new forum is going to generate much more traffic that the main forum!!!! :o

Jonathan

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 08:14:33 am »
HICOR :-/ :'( ??? ??? :-[

I urge you to consider any (almost any) 460cc head and see how it performs compared to the things you have made.  

You find me a 460CC head in left handed and I'll consider it.  As everything in golf, if they make it in right handed, they will make it in left in a year or two, if at all.

I have about 5 brands of golf balls that I prefer to play too.

I prefer the round ones, especially if I can find them for less than $6/dzn.

But get rid of the Hi  :-[ Cor stuff!  (seriously now if they work for you I'll look the other way)  I used to be a club maker too, I got it out of my system.[/quote]

Well, they do work for me so far, the driver was the first 400cc head I could find for lefties. What do you have against Hi-Cor?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 08:16:34 am »

Ok, what are you saying?

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 06:40:23 pm »
Any of you tubbers live on a golf course?  I had started a group on Yahoo and we had one member there who uploaded his pictures and he lived on a course.  Wouldn't that be heaven? My mom built a new house on a golf course, when she leaves it to me, I'll move my tub there. :D
http://www.harborridgegolf.com/course.html

Her house is between the 8th green and the 9th tee.

Ummm...correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there an issue with her having a tub at her new place?  I seem to remember that being a "rule" with the neighborhood association, or something like that!

My boss bought me a complete set of Ping irons with Calloway woods, sized just for me.  It was a promotion from one of our vendors.  That was my bonus!  They have been swung once!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 06:41:07 pm by Lori »
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 09:10:32 am »

Ummm...correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there an issue with her having a tub at her new place?  I seem to remember that being a "rule" with the neighborhood association, or something like that!

Since you asked, I asked.  Here was the official reply.

Bill,

Yes, hot tubs are allowed.  You would need to provide the BOD with a sketch
of how you will be placing it, and they would then ok or reject your
proposal.  There are currently 2 or 3 units in the area already.  Thanks.

Sherri

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 12:49:42 pm »
Ok, just checking!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

jaw

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2005, 08:36:07 am »
Bill try one of the following - if you want a big head and not hi-cor I think all come in left hand, and all are super, if you have the right shaft in them.  I play an Aldila NV65 Stiff in my drivers - swing speed about 105.  If you are under 100 go with a Regular shaft.

Cleveland Launcher 460
Mizuno MP-001 (solid number lofts are available in 400cc or 460cc).
Ping G2
and the super bargain of the year (off ebay) Taylor Made 580XD (all with fancy shafts, for around $150 shipped or less new or near new).

All these clubs are all over ebay and the prices vary, but the most expensive is the G2.  The rest should be available in LH w/NV shaft for around 150 in great shape.

What do I have against Hi-Cor?  Personally nothing.  But they are not in accordance with the rules of the USGA.  And as a result, are not supposed to be used for handicap development nor in sanctioned tournaments.

http://www.usga.org/playing/clubs_and_balls/driver/non-conforming_driver_list.html
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 10:14:05 am by wmccall »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2005, 12:42:50 pm »
I have a feeling that this new forum is going to generate much more traffic that the main forum!!!! :o

Jonathan

Interesting, because there are other forums which have had places like this for a long time.....
???
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 03:06:56 pm »
What do I have against Hi-Cor?  Personally nothing.  But they are not in accordance with the rules of the USGA.  And as a result, are not supposed to be used for handicap development nor in sanctioned tournaments.

http://www.usga.org/playing/clubs_and_balls/driver/non-conforming_driver_list.html

If I had a real handicap it would be around 25-30 and I'm only interested in impressing my friends once in awhile.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 03:06:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42