What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Vanguard  (Read 3923 times)

hbcpa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
HS Vanguard
« on: November 18, 2004, 05:57:05 pm »
It took almost 6 months to put everything together, but things are finally starting to happen. Electrician is putting in 220 line today and contractor will be putting down the patio after Thanksgiving. we have selected an HS Vanguard. We didn't want a lounger and the Prodigy didn't have a moto massager. There are 3 HS dealers where we live but are all the same owner. Heres thte deal we got on the Vanguard. $7195 includes delivery, setup, breaker box, step, cover lifter, startup chemicals and their fresh water sytem. We know the dealer is good because 3 of our friends have bought there and have not had any problems. Does the deal sound reasonable. There was really no other HS dealers to shop and compare.  We did check other brands and this seemed to be a fair price. Thanks for all the comments I have seen on many of the posts. They were real helpful in making our decision.  

Hot Tub Forum

HS Vanguard
« on: November 18, 2004, 05:57:05 pm »

UnderTheStars

Re: HS Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 07:41:40 pm »
Congrats hbcpa!  I think you made an outstanding choice (I'm biased!)  We bought our Vanguard 4 mos. ago and absolutely love it.  Your price is a tad less than ours but we also got the color changing light.  I think that's as good a price as you'll find on a Vanguard anywhere - you did great!  (my humble opinion.)

Some have said they think the Vgaurd is too small and you might as well get the Grandee.  I say it depends on your need.  Most days it's just my wife & I and the tub is a perfect size (we can be close or have our own space - not cramped at all.)  On occasion there are 5 of us (3 are teens.)  It's big enough to handle the occasional 5 person soak as well - no problem.  We have found it to be versatile, comforatable, and I predict you will be very very happy with your choice.  (hey, I already admitted I'm biased!)  It's a solid and versatile tub.

Congrats, sounds like you'll be in hot water by early December - Yahoooooo!  (what color by the way?)
Stars

hbcpa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 09:59:50 pm »
Thanks.Can't wait. We got the pearl with coastal. This also comes with the LED lighting

TimC

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 10:23:07 pm »
Great Deal!!

About $800 less than we paid for the same thing, but we didn't get the fresh water system.  

We are in Michigan.  Where you are in the country can make a difference as to the price.

Congratulations!!  We have had ours for about six weeks and are very happy with it.  

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 06:57:11 am »
Yippeeeeeee!!!!  Another Vanguard owner!!!!!!

:P  No offense, but the Optima owners were beginning to out number us tremendously!!!  LOL!!!  J/T

I have been a proud owner of a Vanguard for over a year now, and still love it!

I have the pearl with coastal!  I think it is the prettiest!!  Of course, I'm biased, I'll admit it!

If you get a chance, get a hydro-pulse plate for one of the moto-massage seats!  I love mine!

The wait is hard, I know, but it will be so worth it when you get that New Year's soak!!!!

Let us know how delivery goes!!!  P.S.  You paid less than I did a year ago, so don't worry, you got a great deal!!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

hbcpa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 03:31:08 pm »
I'm not familiar with the hydro pulse plate. I did not see it on the HS website nor is it in the brochure. Is this an HS option or aftermarket item. Thanks

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 03:56:59 pm »

Sorry, I didn't post the text the first time !!

This is an accessory item from HotSpring. It is available in all the colors you need, through any HS dealer.

:D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 08:07:19 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 04:00:52 pm »

So Chas, you never answered me, does that still count as 9 jets for the show guys?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 04:06:55 pm »
At least !! ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 06:03:25 pm »
enjoy your new spa.... :D

UnderTheStars

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 06:47:33 am »
Hiya Hbcpa!  Just another word on that hydro-pulse plate:   I bought it about a month after our Vanguard arrived (at Lori's suggestion - thanks Lori!)  I think it was about $24, not a big expense.  Very easy to install - 3 screws & a phillips screwdriver.

It gives a different feel to the moto-massage.  In addition to the up/down you get a sense of side to side as well.  It's not a huge diff. but enough to make that seat feel like a diff. jet.  I like it better, my wife likes the orig. moto best. . .variety, variety!  I recommend it. . .you can pretty much add it at any time.

Look forward to hearing about delivery/etc.  As Lori said, the wait's a bear. . .I remember "wearing-out the brochure" waiting for ours last July!
Stars

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 06:47:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42