What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Noisy GFCI  (Read 11968 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Noisy GFCI
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 10:55:58 am »
OK Chas, I'm looking for a reason to come to California, and if it is to pour jello in your spa then so be it!    The fact that my hospital stay was brain related,  I reread your earlier post and it had me totally confused till I saw  "« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2004, 10:33am by Chas »

Don't mess with a 45 year old Alzheimer patient!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 10:56:31 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 10:55:58 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2004, 11:52:53 am »
Mr. Moderator Sir,

I bad. Sorry. Just couldn't resist !!!
Where can I send your new Hot Springs spa to? Can I install it myself?
;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 02:41:40 pm by wmccall »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2004, 12:33:50 pm »
 The fact that my hospital stay was brain related

I thought I told HotTubWoman to be careful when giving you an attitude adjustment!  LOL!!!   ;)

Maybe it was the daughter bringing the boyfriend home for the first time.  I know how you Dad's get!  LOL!!!   ;)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

salesdvl

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2004, 01:36:06 pm »

Don't mess with a 45 year old Alzheimer patient!

Hey, the best thing about having Alzheimers is that you get to meet all new people everyday!  :)
(Think of it as a silver lining.)
Measure once, cut twice.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 02:44:11 pm »

I thought I told HotTubWoman to be careful when giving you an attitude adjustment!  LOL!!!   ;)

Maybe it was the daughter bringing the boyfriend home for the first time.  I know how you Dad's get!  LOL!!!   ;)

On a serious note, I would be worthless without the first and lucky to still have the 2nd.

Now if UPS will just get that part here!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2004, 02:45:46 pm »

Hey, the best thing about having Alzheimers is that you get to meet all new people everyday!  :)
(Think of it as a silver lining.)

Yea, but being a comedian and a story teller, you get tired of hearing, "You told us that already"  My new motto, "Read a book again for the first time!"

Lori

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2004, 03:14:55 pm »
 ;)

Just had to take the opportunity for the opening you gave!  You don't leave me wide open very often.

I know you adore those two women in your life, as well you should!!!   ;)

salesdvl

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2004, 03:29:12 pm »

Yea, but being a comedian and a story teller, you get tired of hearing, "You told us that already"  My new motto, "Read a book again for the first time!"

I get that alot too.  My kids have labeled me the "King of Worthless Information".  I figure I'll get even withthem when they need a "phone a friend"   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2004, 09:59:01 pm »
Mr. Moderator Sir,

I bad. Sorry. Just couldn't resist !!!
Where can I send your new Hot Springs spa to? Can I install it myself?
 ;)

NOW WAIT JUST A DARN MINUTE !!!  :o :o :o :o
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2004, 05:42:25 pm »
Ok, situation resolved, through a round about way. A week later the new contactor arrived. The company that made the panel said they didn't have any more of that type available so they would send me a similar one, but I might have to replace some lugs that don't match. I considered that a little more than I wanted to do so I went through a week of turning the spa off at night so my daughter could sleep amd turning it back on in the morning so it would be hot for our nightly soak.  I asked the maintenance guy at work if he would change it out for me, he OWES ME BIG TIME. (Can you say viruses removed, wireless network installed?)  ::)

He said he would come at noon.  Its almost 1/2 time and OSU is tied with Michigan at 14.  At halftime I go out and look and see that they sent the exact same contactor. I can do this myself!

Turned off power, replaced the contactor, applied power, the Buckeyes are beating the Wolverines 27-14!!!!!  The contactor is dead, doesn't work at all.  I triple check everything and then head off to Home Depot.  

Fortunately, they have a 50amp Spa GFCI disconnect only $100, that settles it.  It took me 90 minutes to tear the old one out, put this one in. The wires mount in different locations than the old box so I had to get the wire stretcher out and get everything in. Turned it on, it trips right away.  I'm feeling better knowing Ohio State has now beaten those hated Wolverines 3 out of 4 years.

I double checked and found out I had one wire in the wrong place. I found out where is was supposed to go. I saw I had to get the wire stretcher out and evolve a 3rd hand to get it there, but somehow I did.  Powered it up, it was still at 100F,  Reprgrammed everything and in a couple of hours we will be soaking tonight while yelling out to the neighborhood   !!!!!!!!OH!!!!!!!!!
to which someone will respond   !!!!!!!!!IO!!!!!!!!!

For the Wolverine fans heading home, let me give you directions.   North till you smell it and then west till you step in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 07:03:48 pm by wmccall »

Lori

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2004, 08:17:04 pm »
Glad you got it resolved!!!  :P

So, you really are a Buckeye fan, aren't you?? ;D

I'm sending my dad to the Big 12 Championship Game in Kansas City (lets hope Oklahoma can win this year...lol)!  That is his Christmas (a little early) but he will enjoy it so much!  I'm babysitting the dogs, too!!!

Good thing about a boss who has season tickets (with guaranteed championship tickets) who has to be in NYC for tha weekend!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2004, 10:12:05 am »
It was nice having a peacful quiet soak last night, the noisy contactor really did take away from what is/should be relaxation.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2004, 10:12:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42