Original > Hot Tub Forum

chlorine

(1/2) > >>

MichaelHollywood:
I have been using frog ease system chlorine for 2 years but recently the chlorine has really been hard on my skin having bad itching and reactions.  Tried emptying refilling and cleaning tub. Tried a conditioner to tone down chemicals  That did not work.  Any thoughts on using Bromine instead?  Otherwise I just cant use it anymore.   thanks

CanadianSpaTech:
Folliculitis... also known as hot tub rash? Purge spa plumbing with a line purge like Ahh-some to remove bio-film build up in the lines.

Davekro:
Michael,
Please report back with the results with pictures of what AHH!some purge releases from your spa, given the skin irritations you have been experiencing. I am a newbie awaiting my new Bullfrog spa delivery this week, but will be doing a purge with Ahh-Some - Hot Tub Cleaner Sachet | Clean Pipes & Jets Gunk Build Up | Clear & Soften Water for Hot Tub --Amazon-- $9.95
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0968HFW7B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If I had your situation, I would DEFINITELY do two purge cycles with AHH!some for peace of mind and the best chance of curing the issue. My 2 cents. ;o)

If you do two purge cycles, please post pics of what residue, if any, you get from the second. It would be excellent to see what a second purge does!
Thanks,
Newbie Dave

cranbiz:
What has been already been said. Do an Ahh-some purge. You might need to do more than 1 purge to make sure you get all the bio-film out.

Sean Lawrence:
Sorry to hear about your skin troubles with the chlorine. It sounds super annoying. If the conditioner didn't help, bromine could be worth a shot. It's gentler on the skin for some folks. Just make sure to read up on how to use it properly since it behaves a bit differently than chlorine. Good luck, hope it sorts out your itchiness!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version