What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Choise??  (Read 3851 times)

jbeernink

Best Choise??
« on: November 01, 2004, 04:32:10 am »
My dillema is that Spa are quite expensive overhere, I want to buy a good and nice one, but everybody claims to be the best and market leader.

Can anybody give me an independant advice between:

Hotspring Envoy
Sundance Cameo
Artisan Onyx
Coelman 482

For me they all look nice. All prices are about the same overhere.

I appreciate your thoughts

Hot Tub Forum

Best Choise??
« on: November 01, 2004, 04:32:10 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Best Choise??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 08:01:32 am »
You've picked out several good brands.  Next step is to wet test them, and see which one you like best.  
Having local, solid dealer support is also important, in my opinion, so note the way you are treated as a prospective customer.  Were you ignored when you went browsing, or was the staff helpful?  

We have a Sundance Optima, and are very happy with it.  The other brands on your list are good also.

Brewman
Brewman

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 08:42:39 am »
Like Brewman says - WET TEST...  

I personally like the Cameo, but I have one   ;D

Hot Springs Envoy is good but was over my budget, and I don't know anything about the other 2.  The wet test will give you a better idea for what "fits" you best.  

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 10:00:15 am »
Excellent advice from Brewman and ttodd.....the wet tests should make up your mind for you....Good luck!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 10:11:24 am »
To quote another member "artesian seems to be a manufacturer on the rise" I have heard nothing negative about them.

As a Coleman dealer I have to tell you MTC. I feel Coleman gives a great value for the money. Quality components: Sta-Rite pumps, Balboa M7 management system, Pentair jets etc. Innovative design features. 5 year equipment warranty.

One big difference between Coleman and your other 3 is that Coleman is Thermal Lock, the others are Fully Foamed. Not sure if Artesian uses circ's like SD & HS.

Lets not let this turn into a tp v ff debate, plz.

HS & SD are also great choices.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 10:34:03 am by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 10:31:17 am »
Where is over here.....those are all good choices....

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 10:54:06 am »
HTM, yes Artesian uses circ pumps on their gold & platinum series and it is an option for the Island series.

JBeer, I agree that the test soak is the best way to decide.  I would go the Art Onyx over the Cameo.  They are the exact same layout but you get 3 jet pumps w/ the Onyx instead of 2 and higher flow jets.

the Envoy is smaller and shallower however has a nice layout and is also very well made.

Unfortunately I dont know enough about Coleman to comment other than my cooler keeps my beer nice & cold. :)

Test soak.  test soak. test soak.
Measure once, cut twice.

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 10:54:26 am »
The Artesian Onyx would come standard with a dedicated circ pump (Whisper-Pure) and the unique Variable Flow Control.  An excellent tub!  

We have a Coleman 480 running in the showroom and we are absolutely amazed by how quiet the pumps run.  The Artesians are quiet, but even they aren't as quiet as the Coleman 480.

At any rate, I don't think that you can go terribly wrong with any of your choices.  As others have said, choose the one that 'fits' you and your future fellow tubbers best.  Good luck!

rick

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 01:17:03 am »
"We have a Coleman 480 running in the showroom and we are absolutely amazed by how quiet the pumps run.  The Artesians are quiet, but even they aren't as quiet as the Coleman 480. "

See???

And you guys thought I was just blowing alot of hot air.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 09:38:14 am »
I was always with you on that rick.
;D
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 09:38:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42