What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question to Hot Tub Dealers  (Read 8647 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Question to Hot Tub Dealers
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2004, 11:50:22 am »
I'd guess that there are various reasons why a warranty would be offered and included.  
Not sure if it's required, or just competition.  Maybe both?  
But think about it.  The money the manufacturer spends on warranty service, parts, and administration are expenses.  
Expenses must be recovered before profit can be made.  Not sure about absolute numbers, but I bet Ford Motor Company spends millions of dollars a year reimbursing their dealers for parts and labor, plus they have to hire employees to handle the warranty program with the dealers.  Probably similar with any product, spas included.  
Not saying bad or good, just something to think about.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2004, 11:50:22 am »

salesdvl

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 12:29:10 pm »
Vin,  I carry Artesian and the diff between the Island and the Gold series is the warranty, true.   But the jets themselves are different.  The Gold series has bigger higher flow jets that are "gentler, the Island are more standard (thats not necessarily a bad thing).  The Gold series also has a variable control feature that allows more control over the jets and the way they feel.  The cabinet is a little snazzier on the gold series.  A plus for the Island series is they have a reverse molded neck jet seat where the jets are above the water and get the neck and shoulders better.
Measure once, cut twice.

Gman

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2004, 07:44:44 pm »
Salesdvl,

Where are you located?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2004, 08:53:30 pm »
Hey salesdvl where the heck were you 2 weeks ago! - just kidding!!!

Actually, I put a deposit down on a Island Grand Cayman on Sat.

I looked at the jets on the Island and Gold series and I saw that the opening in the Gold series were larger than the Island and I thought the Island would come out a little more forceful (I'm assuming this is what you mean by the Gold being "gentler") but considering it has diverter valves and the jets are adjustable I wasn't too concerned about it.  I figured (maybe I'm wrong) it's better to have more power IF you need it than to wish you had more.

My dealer did talk up the Island series, when I questioned her about upgrading to the Gold series (even though it would have been over my budgeted amount) she really pushed the Island series. She said she sells more of them than the Gold or Platimum because of what it has to offer and not to worry about the lesser warranty.

Wow, imagine that - a salesperson that was worried about MY budget!

Gman

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 06:10:25 am »
"Wow, imagine that - a salesperson that was worried about MY budget!"

Or maybe the Island has a better sales margin... ;)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 08:27:30 am »
Hey - I didn't think of that!

salesdvl

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2004, 12:31:55 pm »
I just found this site.  I am in Chicagoland.
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2004, 01:45:27 pm »
Chas - Are HS dealers allowed to cross other dealers territories? Maybe I'll take a look at another dealer.

Vinny
Yes, any dealer can sell anywhere they want. But - and this is a big but - they must service any spa they sell. So if you buy from a distant dealer, you will have to get him to come out to take care of any warranty needs you may have.  Some dealers are more than happy to do this, others can be slow about it, and still others may charge you a drive charge.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

NightOne

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2004, 03:53:34 pm »
I just found this site.  I am in Chicagoland.

What is your company?

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2004, 12:58:17 am »
We wet tested the Gold and Platinum series of the Artesian brands.  Then wet tested the Island series.  We fell in love with the Grand Bahama with the lounge seat and 58 jets.  Our dealer also said the Island was by far the better buy.  Don't know if he made more money on the Island series over the others or not, but my out-of-pocket expense was less.  

After three weeks (almost) we still love the Artesian Island GB.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 12:59:11 am by Winnsome »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2004, 08:36:35 am »
Winnsome,

What "extras" did you get with your tub? What color did you get? If you don't mind - What did you pay for it?

I bought the 56 jet Grand Cayman with 24 hour circ pump, ozone, plastic skirting, LED light (colorscape), lifter and step for $6750 + tax . Your tub would have been the same price.

Thanks.

Vinny

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2004, 08:36:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42