What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Good Salesmanship  (Read 7632 times)

poolboy34

Re: Good Salesmanship
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 04:55:44 pm »
At my store on weekends during the winter (slow season) I always try to have atleast one salesperson, myself (store manager), and one staff member at the front counter for ringing out customers and doing water analysis. in the summer it's a whole nother ball game.........as I have a full staff of 1-2 salespeople, 4-6 front-end help, and one warehouse guy, plus myself.  I definilty can see hottub man's side of the story, as in the winter there are days when we have only one or two customers.  So it can be tricky to balance expenses and keep enough staff on hand to handle those busy spurts.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 04:55:44 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 05:34:38 pm »
I could, but that would open up a whole new can of worms. I'll tell you one thing though, this "perfect world" is open to everyone.

Can you send me MapQuest directions to this "perfect world" of which you speak?

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2004, 11:38:09 pm »
WOW WOW WOW

I guess I struck a common thread (pun intended ;D)

It really doesn't take much to say, "One sec while I help this customer."  Of course I would understand!  Now that store (and THAT salesman)  is the lowest on my list TOO BAD!!!!

Thanks for all your great insights....

PS Stuart---I like your style

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2004, 12:08:00 am »
WOW WOW WOW

I guess I struck a common thread (pun intended ;D)

It really doesn't take much to say, "One sec while I help this customer."  Of course I would understand!  Now that store (and THAT salesman)  is the lowest on my list TOO BAD!!!!

Thanks for all your great insights....

You're right, but I try and go one step further and ASK the customer I'm working with "Do you mind if I take a moment and help this customer."? If that bothers them I can pretty much promise you they're a customer you can do without! Someone who doesn't appreciate you being courteous to your existing customers is someone I guarantee will be very HIGH MAINTINANCE and you won't want to deal with them if they ever have an issue!
PS Stuart---I like your style

Thank you, I don't know if you can put my brash, obnoxious ways under the term "style" but I appreciate the effort! 8)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 10:25:16 am »
I don't know if you can put my brash, obnoxious ways under the term "style" but I appreciate the effort! 8)

Fuggetaboutit!   Brash?  Obnoxious?  Nahhhh---yer as gentle as a lamb!   ;D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

NightOne

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 10:28:10 am »
Ahhh, the privlidges of being perfect in a perfect world!

;D ;D ;D

Actually I do have some experience with this.

When I was in the sales game, that's exactly how I would handle it. Many years ago, I worked in a small mom and pop retail computer store and it was like that many days. I especially remember Saturdays when I was the only one in the store. Believe me, the phone rang and there were many times when there were more than one customer in the store. You're trying to sell someone a $2000 setup and a guy comes in to buy a cable, but isn't sure which one he needs.

I think a lot of it is personality. Some people can pull it off and some can't. I could.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2004, 02:14:37 pm »

Can you send me MapQuest directions to this "perfect world" of which you speak?

Fly into LAX, drive North for an hour.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2004, 02:24:43 pm »
Fly into LAX, drive North for an hour.

Sounds like you gotta go through hell to get to heaven!   ;) ;)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2004, 02:41:30 pm »
It is a tricky balance. I was waiting in line at a Baja Fresh restaurant at lunch hour along with many others, while phone orders were given higher priority than the people actually standing there. One smart guy in the back of the line used his cell phone to place the orders for himself and all of all the people in line around him. I thought that was brilliant. Ê;D

I agree. The person in my store went to the trouble of driving here. The person calling just picked up the phone book and a phone.

Sometimes answering the phone or helping someone else in the store back fires.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 02:42:32 pm by Warkovision »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2004, 04:03:17 pm »
On more than one occasion I've resorted to calling the restaurant I was visiting from my table, to try and make a point about lack of attention from the servers.

Brewman
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2004, 05:45:04 pm »
On more than one occasion I've resorted to calling the restaurant I was visiting from my table, to try and make a point about lack of attention from the servers.

Brewman

Were you calling from the drive-thru on your cell phone?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2004, 07:28:13 pm »
No, we were sitting at one of their tables, not being attended to.  My cell phone still had the phone number in redial, since I'd just called it a few hours earlier for reservations.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2004, 07:28:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42