What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Hawaiian or?  (Read 7105 times)

thunder57

Caldera Hawaiian or?
« on: October 19, 2004, 12:28:46 pm »
Anyone have any experience with the Caldera hawaiian/ Since many people have asked for spas without a lounger, caldera siad they are bringing it back. We tried the Aspire, loved it, but don't want the stereo. The hawaiian is exactly the same but has 10 air jets. What will the addition of 10 air jets do for us? Is that something we must experience or will it just be an added feature? Any information would be appreciated. the price I was given out the door with all the usual additions is $7300.
I wanted to wet test a Marquis but the only dealer in this area has only the anniversary one fill. I wet tested to Sundance Altamar, liked it, but the dealer was charging too much and suggested the Marin, saying it was exactly the same jets and seating. I hate to trust anyone without a wet test. The Marin price was $7500. Seems quite high as a few have talked about getting Altamars recently for $6800.
Thanks for any comments.

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Hawaiian or?
« on: October 19, 2004, 12:28:46 pm »

leisure

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:  Caldera Hawaiian or?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 12:48:56 pm »
The Caldera Hawaiians shell is the same shell as the aspire just without stereo.......

I dont think that the air jets will make much difference, in my experiance not many people care one way or the other for air.......

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 01:12:09 pm »
Some really like the air jets while others are less enthusiastic. It’s a personal choice. They can't hurt but you'll have to find out if they are an added plus or not. Caldera makes a very good spa as does Marquis and Sundance.

Wet testing is a very wise way to go if at all possible as many who've done so will tell you stories of how they were very interested in a certain spa only to find in the wet test it didn't fit them for one reason or another. If two spas have the same jet type and placement but noticeably different shell configurations you may be able to say the jets will feel similar but you can't simply say the spa will fit/feel the same as the contour of the shell is very important and is a person to person thing. Also, you'll often see one person say spa "X" was a great fit for them and the next person wet tests the SAME spa and it is all wrong for them.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 01:35:03 pm »
On our Optima the least used thing is the air jets. We don't regret getting them but I personally don't use them.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 02:14:08 pm »
We use our air jets probably 2 to 3 times a week.  It's actually starting to get nicer to use as the air is getting colder.  We probably only use the aromatherapy once a week or so with the air jets.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 09:02:03 pm »
As another Optima owner, we are split on the bubbler.
Mrs. Brewman likes it, and I'm ok with it, but could live without.  We are both disappointed in the scent beads that are supposed to work with the bubbler.  
Brewman
Brewman

PPOL

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 02:39:08 pm »
The Hawaiian is a very popular model due to the lack of a lounger.  The air jet system is an added bonus due to they can be used to cool down an overheated spa.

Your price is a very good one right out the door.

Good Luck

Neil O'Donovan
Phoenix Park Outdoor Living
Wilmington, NC

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 02:39:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42