What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pump #2 not functioning  (Read 627 times)

electricsmooth

Pump #2 not functioning
« on: April 30, 2023, 04:01:31 pm »
Hi everyone

I am going into amateur repair guy mode tomorrow. I'm armed with basic google/youtube knowledge and troubleshooting tips but nothing else. I just thought I'd check in here to see if there are any suggestions or helpful tips.

My hot tub has two pumps. I rarely use pump #2. We had the family sitting in the tub a few weeks ago and we tried activating pump 2 so that the jets in one area would turn on. Nothing. It has worked in the past whenever we used it so I was a bit concerned. I hit the button a few times with no luck. There is absolutely no noise or any indication that the pump is doing anything when I hit the button. Like I said, I haven't even opened up the panel yet but will be doing so tomorrow. Any things to look for would be helpful as I am a complete novice!

Things I've done:

checked filter area for clogs- all clear
turned on and off the breaker- no luck

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Pump #2 not functioning
« on: April 30, 2023, 04:01:31 pm »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Pump #2 not functioning
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 07:22:32 am »
Test Fuses first. Next remove the dust cover at the back of the motor and there is a slot there that you can use a screw driver to see if the shaft spins freely or if the motor is locked up. If fuses good and motor not seized disconnect the pump from the circuit board and using a multi meter test for power coming off the board where the pump connects. If you get power off the board then it is likely a pump issue. If you don't get power off the board when the pump should be on then you have a board issue and likely a bad relay.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Pump #2 not functioning
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 07:22:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42