What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shopping for a new tub/brand  (Read 1553 times)

summerside9000

Shopping for a new tub/brand
« on: April 17, 2023, 12:13:14 pm »
Hello all,

I am shopping for a replacement tub as my Jacuzzi finally died after 12 years of continuous service.
With all the members on here I would like to know which brand and model would garner the most votes for
Comfort-features-reliability-service-warranty-ETC and of course VALUE FOR THE MONEY!

I am looking for a 5-7 person tub with interior and exterior lights/fountains/2-3 pumps

I am replacing a J-470 in the Edmonton Canada area
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 12:12:01 pm by summerside9000 »

Hot Tub Forum

Shopping for a new tub/brand
« on: April 17, 2023, 12:13:14 pm »

summerside9000

Re: Shopping for a new tub/brand
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 08:46:17 pm »
Looked at a Calspa this weekend. Opinions please.

Ripper238

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 01:41:41 pm »
So many brands in the industry. Key is buying from a local dealer that also provides service.

I'm a fan of the Willis brand my self, they make some good models.

summerside9000

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 09:40:02 pm »
Thanks,  They say they service their brands but I think they contract it out. Certainly the guywho is tryuing to sell me the calspa doesn't do it.
Spa spot on the other hand gave me a lot of confidence in providing service.

cranbiz

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 12:43:22 pm »
I'm an Artesian fan. I have an Island Nevis and so far, it's been a great tub. A good friend of mine bought an Island Grand Cayman at the same time and it too, has been a great tub.

More important than a tub from a quality manufacturer is the dealer you buy from. The dealer is your lifeline and is your contact for warranty service. Make sure the dealer you buy from has good reviews and has an inhouse service department. Find out if they charge a trip charge for warranty work.

Sam

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 03:28:15 pm »
Cal Spa is pretty meh, if you ask me.  They aren't the worst but there are other brands I would pick over them.  Artesian is good.  Marquis.  Bullfrog.  They get some hate, but I do like Hot Spring/Caldera and Jacuzzi/Sundance, though I've heard Jacuzzi brands have been cutting  corners, specifically in the insulation department. 

As noted above though, a good dealer can make any hot tub a great experience.  A bad dealer can make a great hot tub, a terrible experience.  Go with a reputable dealer that has a spa that fits your needs and budget and don't fret too much on the brand.  If they are a reputable dealer, they probably have a decent brand and will take care of you. 

An example of this is that Master Spas makes a pretty good hot tub but their dealer network/show sales are trash.  Just look at all of the complaints, bbb reviews, etc.  It happens all of the time that something isn't right on delivery or shortly thereafter and you'll see people talking about damaged covers, broken panels, incorrect spa or options, and they sit for months and months with no resolution.  A good dealer will make it right, with no hassle, and quickly so that it never escalates to needing the BBB or yelp to step in. 

Look at the links below for different Master Spas companies and see for yourself.  Most of the problems are a direct result of poor support and shady sales stuff.  Every spa will have problems, but not every company allows it to escalate to bad reviews/complaints.

https://www.bbb.org/us/in/fort-wayne/profile/hot-tub-manufacturing/master-spas-0352-10011179/complaints

https://www.yelp.com/biz/aqua-spas-fort-collins-3

https://www.yelp.com/biz/master-pool-and-spa-minneapolis

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 03:28:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42