What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Selling our 2003 Jacuzzi J-370 along with the home...  (Read 1105 times)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Selling our 2003 Jacuzzi J-370 along with the home...
« on: April 09, 2023, 11:04:36 pm »
Selling our 2003 Jacuzzi J-370 along with the home.  It's been SOLID.  Replaced the Ozone unit once or twice.  Replaced a thermostat once.  Replaced the Waterfall lighting once under warranty.  Not bad for 20 years of service.  The home buyer has asked for it in the sale of the home so I am in search of it's replacement.

Considering major brands only (Jacuzzi, Sundance, Hot Springs, Beachcomber, Bullfrog, etc).  Ideally seeking a similar 91'x91" sized unit but willing to step down as far as a 84"x84" sized tub due to how much these have gone up in price.  I was considering becoming a Jacuzzi dealer 20 years ago when I bought this one so I basically was able to buy it for costs.  The dealership did become available but my VOIP business also caught fire around that time and I could not do both so had to let someone else pick up that dealership on the cheap.  Open to other products but trying to keep the budget around the $10K-$12K mark this time
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

Selling our 2003 Jacuzzi J-370 along with the home...
« on: April 09, 2023, 11:04:36 pm »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Selling our 2003 Jacuzzi J-370 along with the home...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 08:23:47 am »
Adding your location might help

ndabunka

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 11:43:16 pm »
Adding your location might help

Sorry for the confusion.  I am not seeking a local dealer so location is irrelevant. I am just getting back into this and trying to understand the current market.  What has been working well for others.  I see that Salt water systems seem to be the latest fad as they were absent from above ground hot tubs until recently.  I know there has been consolidation in the business with many of the smaller brands being absorbed into the megalithic mfgs.  I also know that this forum was acquired and that many of my old friends on here have vacated so I may have to find a new source of information.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 07:09:25 am »
Location effects price and why I asked. As for "salt" systems I do not recommend to my customers unless it is for a spa at say a cottage where you might not see the spa for a few weeks at a time. Some people like them but really not necessary with a basic chemical routine. You are correct the big money funds are buying up everything and Chinese spas are filling the market and they now have North America control components made by Balboa/Gecko and usually have more reasonable pricing. Suggest you visit some of the pool/spa trade "Magazine" websites for more industry related information if that is what you seek. They can be bias but information is available. https://www.poolspamarketing.com/

ndabunka

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 05:18:43 pm »
Location effects price and why I asked. As for "salt" systems I do not recommend to my customers unless it is for a spa at say a cottage where you might not see the spa for a few weeks at a time. Some people like them but really not necessary with a basic chemical routine. You are correct the big money funds are buying up everything and Chinese spas are filling the market and they now have North America control components made by Balboa/Gecko and usually have more reasonable pricing. Suggest you visit some of the pool/spa trade "Magazine" websites for more industry related information if that is what you seek. They can be bias but information is available. https://www.poolspamarketing.com/

Thanks for the link.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 05:18:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42