What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover rotted on top, now full of water underneath  (Read 1021 times)

SD Surfer

Cover rotted on top, now full of water underneath
« on: March 05, 2023, 04:43:40 pm »
So my Caldera cover with 2 year warranty rotted out at 2 & 1/2 years (which is pretty disappointing on a $10K tub)

So with it being rotted on top, it allowed all the rain we've had lately to get in, and with nowhere to go the intact membrane on the underside of that half cover has collected what feels like a couple hundred lbs of water.

I don't want to force it open for fear of breaking it or the lift mechanism when all that weight transfers.

I'm calling Caldera warranty customer service tomorrow to politely and calmly express my displeasure.  >:( :'(

Anyone ever had this happen?

Hot Tub Forum

Cover rotted on top, now full of water underneath
« on: March 05, 2023, 04:43:40 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Cover rotted on top, now full of water underneath
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 03:03:58 pm »
I have seen covers last a year and have seen them last 6-7 years. Most need to be replaced every 3-5 years. So 2.5 years while not great isn’t too far off from 3 years. Lots of things break down covers. If it failed on the bottom part that’s typically from chemicals being off for a period of time.

Rowan Miele

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 03:48:33 am »
Two and a half years in, and it's giving up the ghost? Not cool, especially for a 10K tub. Rainwater collection turning it into a makeshift water bed is just the icing on the cake. Definitely a head-scratcher. Good move on calling the warranty folks – maybe they'll sort you out without much hassle.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 03:48:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42