What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Why do you think the forum has been so quiet the last year or so?  (Read 1996 times)

Sam

Seems like traffic is waaay down or something.  There's rarely any new posts.  I used to love logging in while eating lunch and catching up with threads.  Why do you guys think that is?

Hot Tub Forum

Ripper238

Re: Why do you think the forum has been so quiet the last year or so?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 03:04:55 pm »
Seems like traffic is waaay down or something.  There's rarely any new posts.  I used to love logging in while eating lunch and catching up with threads.  Why do you guys think that is?

Likely due to the industry blowing its load during covid and now people are just coasting with what they have. Economy probably doesn't help ether.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 01:45:30 pm »

Likely due to the industry blowing its load during covid and now people are just coasting with what they have. Economy probably doesn't help ether.

Things have definitely slowed down, we're still making decent sales but it's not like it was during Covid where a customer walked in and basically threw their credit card at you if you had ANYTHING in stock lol

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 10:46:59 pm »
Same as TwinCities. Looking at numbers now versus 2021 it doesn’t look very good but looking at numbers from 2019 we are way up. Still buyers just need to work harder for them.

cranbiz

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 11:16:00 am »
I believe the economy is playing a big part. Also, now that people are not forced to stay home, a hot tub is not a high priority and those who have them are not using them as much. I know in my house, our usage is down compared to covid lockdown. We use ours now about 1-2 days a week as opposed to 5-6 days a week during the lockdowns.

bud16415

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 02:33:44 pm »
I don’t want to sound political, but with real inflation much higher than reported inflation that is also very high, people are putting their money in gas tanks and refrigerators and not hot tubs.

When people get unsure of what’s around the next corner the things that go first are luxury items. Boats, pools, hot tubs, sport cars, etc.

We love our hot tub and at if the point comes where I have to cut something it will get drained and dry-docked. That’s with owning it already and it being 10 years old. Right now I would look long and hard at spending 10-15k on a new one.

I needed a new top last year as it was waterlogged and after pricing I went and bought foam and redid the old cover. I had shock the other day when I saw one of the headrests needed replaced and I saw the price. It might just get a chunk of pool noodle for a while.   

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 05:18:05 pm »
I don’t want to sound political, but with real inflation much higher than reported inflation that is also very high, people are putting their money in gas tanks and refrigerators and not hot tubs.

When people get unsure of what’s around the next corner the things that go first are luxury items. Boats, pools, hot tubs, sport cars, etc.

We love our hot tub and at if the point comes where I have to cut something it will get drained and dry-docked. That’s with owning it already and it being 10 years old. Right now I would look long and hard at spending 10-15k on a new one.

I needed a new top last year as it was waterlogged and after pricing I went and bought foam and redid the old cover. I had shock the other day when I saw one of the headrests needed replaced and I saw the price. It might just get a chunk of pool noodle for a while.

I agree with your post but after a slower winter the money is pouring in again, not like when the country was 'shutdown' but still it's pretty incredible considering the status of the economy, inflation, etc. I'm actually quite shocked and hopefully the numbers stay solid.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2023, 08:08:05 am »
When things get tight folks stay home and spend money at/on their home. Natural down turn after a pandemic buying spree. Spas are lasting longer and people are repairing older spas more than ever. Used spa market is strong. Some pandemic buyers finding they don't use them as much as they thought they would. Seemed like a good idea at the time...lol. Now that Winter is over people can now build pads/decks. It will/has picked up but not expecting pandemic levels. JMO

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2023, 07:24:05 am »
LOL, I'm busy fixing up old tubs.
Retired

Nudroj

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2023, 10:23:30 am »
Definitely the Covid boom slowing down, but I feel like it might get active again once people start having issues with their hot tubs and are looking for how to repair them LOL

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2023, 04:01:44 pm »
Jan/Feb were slow but the last 3 months have been gangbusters again for us in this market anyway, the people who have the money are still definitely spending it. Our lower tier spas has slowed but the big stuff 15k+ and swim spas are still going nuts.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2023, 04:01:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42