What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 2809 times)

Canton

Advice needed
« on: February 28, 2023, 07:51:01 pm »
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm going to ask anyway.  I'm looking for a spa specifically for my wife.  She's had multiple back surgeries and has a hard time exercising the muscles in her back due to all the fusion.  Consequently they get very tight.   I'm looking for recommendations for a tub or style of tub that may help her situation. We had an older Maxx Spa for several years and she got some relief from it, but we got rid of it one surgery ago due to age and leaks.  She seemed to like the lounger section to sit in more than anywhere else, so I'm thinking that option is going to be a must. 

We're back on the market looking for a new tub and I'm seeking suggestions from people that have more experience than we do on what to look for on a tub that might be better at massage or targeting back pain.

Any help appreciated.

Canton.

Hot Tub Forum

Advice needed
« on: February 28, 2023, 07:51:01 pm »

cranbiz

Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 11:07:10 am »
It's subjective. In general, larger jets do more for deep tissue massage than smaller jets.

I have an Artesian Island Nevis and the lounge had medium sized jets and that does help with the aches and pains in my back and my wife, who also has fused vertebrae spends a lot of time in that seat. In a slightly larger Island series the Grand Bahama is a lounge version while the Grand Cayman is not. A close friend has a Grand Cayman because his wife is like yours with multiple back surgeries and she really likes the captain's seats.

Your best bet is to see what dealers you have in your area and get info on what they have and what the dealers reputation is. Artesian, Hot Springs, Marquis, Sundance, Jacuzzi and Bullfrog are decent manufacturers and make good hot tubs. See what they have, and see if you can wet test something close to what you are looking for.

Canton

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 11:43:01 am »
Thank you for the response and suggestions cranbiz.  I'm in central PA and for some reason, It's difficult to find someone that sells spas, that actually has spas.  Crazy. 

Thanks again.

cranbiz

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 09:58:06 am »
If the dealers sold out the showroom during covid, I believe it. Most manufacturers still have long backlogs.

When I bought mine, most places would sell the showroom models but you couldn't take delivery of it until they has an unsold one to replace it. One dealer here absolutely lost a sale because they had nothing to show me. It was a brand that I really wanted to look at due to multiple reviews from actual customers. That manufacturer already had an 18 month backlog (this was Jan 2020).

I got mine quick (4 months) then simply because my dealer had a unit on order that was unsold and happened to be exactly what I was looking for, in the color that I wanted. My buddy also bought an on order tub that took him 10 months to get. Mine was ordered by the dealer 4 months before his was ordered by the dealer.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 12:59:47 pm »
I'd check out Bullfrog simply for the variety of jetting they offer (16 different options) being that your wife has back problems it might be good to try multiple different types of jets/massage patterns to see what works best for her. Other good brands include Hot Spring/Caldera, Marquis and Jacuzzi.  Good Luck!

Ripper238

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 01:01:00 pm »
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm going to ask anyway.  I'm looking for a spa specifically for my wife.  She's had multiple back surgeries and has a hard time exercising the muscles in her back due to all the fusion.  Consequently they get very tight.   I'm looking for recommendations for a tub or style of tub that may help her situation. We had an older Maxx Spa for several years and she got some relief from it, but we got rid of it one surgery ago due to age and leaks.  She seemed to like the lounger section to sit in more than anywhere else, so I'm thinking that option is going to be a must. 

We're back on the market looking for a new tub and I'm seeking suggestions from people that have more experience than we do on what to look for on a tub that might be better at massage or targeting back pain.

Any help appreciated.

Canton.

Back fusions are tough. But you are on the right track with a Hot Tub (Even a Sauna) to help with her pain and flexibility.

Ultimately the heat will provide the beigest advantages, but well placed lounge jets will be good as well. I am more familiar with Wellis Hot Tubs and they lean towards Wellness in their design so the jests are well placed and individually adjustable like others. A good dealer will also let you test out the tub, so that may be a good idea for her to do.

Stock should also be good on Wellis hot tubs since they come from Europe and arrive through ports in NY and not CA. Most of there parts are made in the US and Canada as well. Really good high quality option.

Sam

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2023, 02:29:47 pm »
I personally like the jets in Bullfrog, Artesian, Marquis, and as much as I don't like the company itself, the twilight series of Master Spa has good jets.  I would never give master my money because they sanction the shadiness that goes on with the traveling road shows. 

Another weird company, Passion Spas, has some pretty great jetting on their high-end stuff.  I was totally surprised at how good it was when I tried it.

Canton

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 05:15:53 pm »
Thank you for all the suggestions.  I believe we are going this weekend to see if there's anyone close to us that has some inventory we can check out.

Thanks again.

Chops1857

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 09:09:26 pm »
I’ve been very pleased with my Hot Spring Envoy. It has 3 seats in particular that provide a very good back massage, one of which is the Moto Massage. The moto Massage is a very unique feature and worth trying out. They are two jets that sweep up and down your back. I can direct all pump pressure to it and really give a strong massage. I’ve had a bulged disc and general back pain and find it has provided relief and enabled me to do some stretches in the tub. 

Canton

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2024, 07:54:37 pm »
Just wanted to give an update.  I ended up getting a Wellis Monte Rosa for me an my wife.  And while my only point of reference was the Maxx spa I had that was probably 20 years old, the difference is night and day.  The jets are amazing compared to what I remember.  Had the spa about 4 months now and am very pleased with the tub. It has definitely helped with my wife's back problems.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help.

cranbiz

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2024, 12:51:17 pm »
I'm glad you found something. Enjoy.

I will be interested in the long term reliability of the Wellis. They are new to the US and they look like a decent tub. I'm also curious about how good the dealer support it.

Sam

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2024, 01:29:08 pm »
Nice!  Wellis seems to be making a lot of noise in the U.S. these days.  I really like what they are doing.  Seem to be really well made with good features at a decent price.  Come back and update us after you've had it for awhile. 

Ripper238

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2024, 01:28:30 pm »
Just wanted to give an update.  I ended up getting a Wellis Monte Rosa for me an my wife.  And while my only point of reference was the Maxx spa I had that was probably 20 years old, the difference is night and day.  The jets are amazing compared to what I remember.  Had the spa about 4 months now and am very pleased with the tub. It has definitely helped with my wife's back problems.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help.

Great to hear! The Monte Rosa will provide great jet verity and therapeutic benefits for you and your wife for a long time.

Malcom Turn

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 07:23:54 am »
Sounds like you're on a mission to find the perfect spa for your wife, which is super thoughtful of you! Since she liked the lounger section in your old Maxx Spa, definitely keep an eye out for that feature. When you're shopping, look for tubs with adjustable jets so she can customize the massage to target her back. Brands like Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, and Sundance are known for their therapeutic tubs. It might also be worth checking with a physical therapist for specific recommendations tailored to her needs. Hope this helps, and good luck with your search!

Vincent Jennings

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2024, 03:12:55 am »
Dealing with back issues is a real pain in the... well, back! I feel for your wife, man. Okay, so my aunt had a similar deal with her back probs, and she swears by those tubs with hydrotherapy jets. Like, legit, it's like a mini massage for your entire body. Check out models with adjustable jets so you can tailor the pressure. And yeah, that lounger section is key – it hits the sweet spot, you know?

Also, consider those tubs with built-in heating features. Keeps things cozy and can help relax the muscles even more. Maybe hit up a few spa showrooms, test the waters (literally), and see what clicks. Best of luck, hope your wife finds some relief soon!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2024, 03:12:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42