What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new tub fill,drain,refill?  (Read 4167 times)

Mark55

new tub fill,drain,refill?
« on: October 16, 2004, 02:01:38 pm »
I was advised to fill add a gallon of clorox run awhile and drain then refill our new tub "Optima" prior to using due to the resisual water from factory testing.
It seams like a waste of water to me?
Would like to hear your exp. with starting a new tub.
This was suggested by the spa tech who delivered the tub.The concern was bactirea may be present.
thanks for any info you can provide. Mark

Hot Tub Forum

new tub fill,drain,refill?
« on: October 16, 2004, 02:01:38 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: new tub fill,drain,refill?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 02:10:44 pm »
We didn't do that to our Optima, and had no problems.
I don't think that we were any the worse for it.  
I figure our startup dosage of sanitizer and shock would take care of any bacteria which may have been in there.  
Brewman
Brewman

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 03:00:47 pm »
Like Brew said; give it a good shock once filled and running. All will be fine.

Steve

zacman

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 03:05:09 pm »
We have an Optima.  At delivery we were told we did not need to fill and drain and refill because it had already been filled and drained twice to clean it out and to test everything.  So we filled it, using a filter, we are on a well, and heated the water and used it. . . and no debris of any kind and very clean clear water - the salesman and delivery staff commented on how clean the water was.  When we cleaned the filter about five days later, the filter was clean and the water has remained clean.  I don't know if all spa mfgrs fill and drain twice before delivery. . . but we had no problem whatsoever by not draining after the first fill and refilling. . .

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 06:19:45 pm »
If you are like any newbie, you'll micro-manage the water to death and in a month you'll end up draining and refilling anyways.   ;D :D

Go with what they said and enjoy!!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 06:20:34 pm by ttodd1 »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 07:49:45 pm »
I agree with all above.  No need to do this.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 09:40:44 pm »
No need to do this.  As one poster said, a little extra dichlor to start will get the job done

Have fun.

Mark55

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 09:51:37 pm »
Thanks for the tips,I'll finish my wiring tomorrow fill the tub heat it up shock and whatever else and enjoy!
Let you know ho it goes thanks all!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 10:07:22 pm »
If you are like any newbie, you'll micro-manage the water to death and in a month you'll end up draining and refilling anyways.   ;D :D

Go with what they said and enjoy!!!

Great advise!

After 10 plus years of taking care of my spa and countless floor models on the showroom floor, I couldn't agree more.

It's not rocket science.. Almost every new spa customer will overdue-over correct-over react-obsess-and drain within the first month..By the 3rd month most can  look at the water and tell if the PH is to low, sanitizer to low, filter needs cleaning. After 6 or 7 years you'll forget half of what you were taught and will have adapted your own system based on your own tried and true experiments.

A very wise man on this very forum once said, Spas are adult toys. This is a fun/recreational/affordable adult toy.

Every new spa owner will screw up their water. Even veterans screw up the water balance in their spas.
Have patience,buy a spa with a good filtration system (  most spas made today would qualify ) relax and enjoy the lifestyle...,

Spahappy
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 10:37:30 pm by spahappy »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 10:07:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42