What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Popping noise in Caldera Spa  (Read 8517 times)

bobh

Popping noise in Caldera Spa
« on: October 12, 2004, 08:37:49 pm »
I own a Caldera Niagara (2003 model) spa. I get occassional popping noises which I cannot identify. They mostly come from the front of the tub but sometimes sound as if they come from other places. If I use the tub for a half hour, I may hear the noise once or twice. Its sometimes quite loud (enough to startle you) and sounds as if something hard hit the shell. Also, its seems to happen more frequently as the weather gets cooler. I've never heard it while working outdoors and the cover on, only when the cover is removed. I've even disconnected power thinking it had something to do with the heater pump or ozinator but the noise is still there. It happens without the jets on. Neither the local dealer nor Caldera know what the problem is. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 08:39:03 pm by bobh »

Hot Tub Forum

Popping noise in Caldera Spa
« on: October 12, 2004, 08:37:49 pm »

huh?

• "42"
Re: Popping noise in Caldera Spa
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 08:50:11 pm »
Welcome to the board BOB!  That noise you hear is stress leaving your body.  Just kidding.  Are you sure it is coming from the spa?  My first thought might be settling of the deck.
¿

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 11:57:00 am »
Do you use a cover lift?  If so it may be the cover smacking against the side of your tub in the wind... :-/

bobh

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 12:22:18 pm »
The tub sits on a solid, thick (6") concrete pad. So no deck noises. The top has a lifter, but the noise happens whether its windy or not. However, since I have never heard the noise with the top closed it could mean cabinet stress from supporting the weight of the top. I think that I'll try removing the top completely to see if the noise goes away. Thanks for the idea.

PPOL

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 04:01:03 pm »
Is the noise coming from the equipment compartment?  Sounds like you might have:

A) a bad pump, does it happen when Jet 1 is running or Jet 2 running?

B) Clogged Circulation pump?  Do you trip the breaker when you remove the filter from the filter compartment?  It is recommened you do so, so that material doesn't fall off the filter and into the circulation pump.

C)  Make sure your ozontor isnt clogged.

Good Luck,

Neil O'Donovan
Phoenix Park Outdoor Living
Wilmington, NC

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 05:16:39 pm »
I've even disconnected power thinking it had something to do with the heater pump or ozinator but the noise is still there.

Its puzzling that it occurs with no power to the spa. Let us know when you figure it out.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 05:32:13 pm »
I remember thumping sounds coming from around our bathtub several years/houses ago.  We eventually found a mother opossum and babies.  Mom found her way under the house, through the insulation and in a nice, warm, dry spot to have a litter.  You might look for wildlife under your tub.......
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Mr._Happy

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 05:34:17 pm »
I own a Caldera Niagara (2003 model) spa. I get occassional popping noises which I cannot identify. They mostly come from the front of the tub but sometimes sound as if they come from other places. If I use the tub for a half hour, I may hear the noise once or twice. Its sometimes quite loud (enough to startle you) and sounds as if something hard hit the shell. Also, its seems to happen more frequently as the weather gets cooler. I've never heard it while working outdoors and the cover on, only when the cover is removed. I've even disconnected power thinking it had something to do with the heater pump or ozinator but the noise is still there. It happens without the jets on. Neither the local dealer nor Caldera know what the problem is. Any ideas?

I think it's time to  call a priest in to perform an exorcism! LOL ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 05:36:58 pm »

I think it's time to  call a priest in to perform an exorcism! LOL ;D

We tried that, you're still here.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 07:38:33 pm »
Exorcisim only works on your basic garden variety evil spirits.  
Brewman
Brewman

dpeters

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2021, 11:47:52 am »
BOB did you ever figure out the cause of the popping noises.  We also have a Caldera spa and are getting random popping noises. Roughly every 10 minutes at times.   We had a handrail installed screwed to the frame and it was extremely loud noise.  Have recently removed the handrail and the popping is not nearly as loud now but is still occurring.  Have had spa techs out 3 times and can not find the cause.  Any ideas as to what would cause this?  It looks like there was a leak and we do see rusting on the one pump and kinda on the heater.   The noise we are hearing is coming through the subwoofer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2021, 11:47:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42