Brand Specific Forums > Marquis Hot Tubs

Summit vs V94L

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kamper:
Thanks Hottubguy, that's exactly the feedback that I was looking for.  I live in Michigan and do plan on getting either tub 'fully loaded' with all options except bluetooth speakers and Wifi.

I noticed at the bottom of the page here (https://www.marquisspas.com/hot-tubs/hot-tub-features/jets/) that Marquis swapped out (6) RHK 40's for (6) RHK 20's later last year.  My guess is that it will improve overall pressure by reducing flow in that middle adirondack chair.  What I cannot determine (from the owner's manual) is how the pumps are plumbed to the zones.  For instance, if Zone 2 (middle adirondack) reduces GPM (due to RHK40->RHK20) which seat(s) get better pressure?

Does anyone know which zones are tied to which pumps?
I'm attempting to imbed an image, but not finding the easy button, so here's a description of what is shown in the owner's manual:
Zone 1: (4) adjacent seats + whitewater4
Zone 2: Bottom adirondack (closest to controller)
Zone 3: Middle adirondack
Zone 4: Top adirondack (closest to filter)

Thanks again!

badfish:
Hi Kamper,

I ordered a V94 and switched to the Summit for about the same uplift when one became available.

I have some threads up here but can summarize that my initial take on the summit was the jet strength wasn't extreme and you can't focus the power on a single seat.

8 months later, I can say I really love the tub.  The layout is awesome - I called it an upside down picnic table last night while soaking with my wife.   There are really no bad seats.  Some have more jets, some are lower, some are higher, all are comfortable.

The whitewater jet has huge power and if my back is sore or a muscle group you can use it to good effect, and a couple other seats have decent pressure - the one facing the white water is actually the most powerful of the bunch and it on 75/25 with the whitewater is a great seat.

I felt like the V94 was a bit upright seating wise, but otherwise never wet tested it (none in stock) so I can't say 1:1 which I liked better. 

That said, if you stole my summit, I'd buy another one ;-).  Happy to answer any user Q's you might have - I know how hard it is to find info.

P

Kamper:
Thanks badfish for the response and your experience with the Summit!  That's exactly the feedback that I was looking for.

Honestly, I want to talk myself into the Summit with all the options.  ;D      But spending that kind of money, relative to all other hot tubs out there, makes me want to ensure that I'm getting a very good hot tub.

I am going to take you up on the offer to answer questions about your Summit experience. Hopefully it helps both me and future readers.

- I'm still trying to understand which pumps feed which seats.  Which seats are tied to pump 1? Which are tied to pump 2?
 - Also, how old is your Summit? (Per my comment above, I'm wondering if you have the RHK40's or RHK20's in the middle adirondack and if maybe your low-pressure feeling is why Marquis made the change)
 - Do you notice a hydrotherapy difference between the seat, or are they similar in feel?  (Shiatsu vs Deep Tissue vs Relaxation vs Swedish)
 - How is the foot room when you have 6 people in the tub?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

badfish:
 - I'm still trying to understand which pumps feed which seats.  Which seats are tied to pump 1? Which are tied to pump 2?

So pump two does all the adirondack chairs.  If you turn off the air on any of them, it seems to have no impact on the others - in short, there is no way to get the all the power in one spot.   In practice I find the one furthest from the control panel has the most strength and the shoulder massage is pretty decent (on the red setting).  The other two are not super powerful and the one closest to the control plane is quite mild on full power.   Initially I didn't like that, but not being a previous hot tub owner I've found over time that getting blasted by jets full time isn't as pleasing as I thought it might be.     If you are looking for those jets to be super firm, especially in the seat/leg area, they really aren't.

Pump 1 runs the whitewater (on red) and the other 4 seats across.   The one seat with the most jets is really powerful when it has full power, and the whitewater is super powerful on full as well. 

- Also, how old is your Summit? (Per my comment above, I'm wondering if you have the RHK40's or RHK20's in the middle adirondack and if maybe your low-pressure feeling is why Marquis made the change)

I got mind in the summer of '22.. hoping I have the new RHK40's?

- Do you notice a hydrotherapy difference between the seat, or are they similar in feel?  (Shiatsu vs Deep Tissue vs Relaxation vs Swedish)

They feel different yes - the only one I really notice the variance though is the one adirondack seat furthest from the jets - on red it really hits your upper back nicely.  and the Jet 1 chair (not adirondack) really moves some water.    The balance I just find to be mostly soothing (and honestly quite pleasant)

- How is the foot room when you have 6 people in the tub?

The foot room is ok - since you aren't all piling into the middle, there seems enough space to spread out.   I am 6'3 and have to stretch to get my feet to the far end seats.    I think in general it's a well laid out tub and very sizable though I'm sure you'll have a bit a feet bumping at 6 adults, it's still a comfortable place to be and you won't be squished in.

Kamper:
Thanks everyone for the input, and I decided to go with the Summit.  The tub was about $17k, and I ended up paying $20k when it included the Microsilk, lights, cover lift and steps.  I was able to (at least on paper) negotiate some discounts on the upgrades as well as a small cash discount.

Now I am on to the "it will be about 2 months" waiting game for the tub to arrive. 

I hope to provide an update after I've had the tub for a little while so that others can learn from my experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version