What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Price quote for Caldera Utopia Niagra high??  (Read 1509 times)

Onebadsss

Price quote for Caldera Utopia Niagra high??
« on: February 04, 2023, 11:20:54 pm »
Hello everyone! My wife and I have been shopping for a hot tub and narrowed our search down to the Caldera Utopia Niagra. My research has yielded very little help in determining what the “retail cost” of this spa is supposed to be. The quote from a local dealer here in southeastern NH where we live that we received recently was:

Retail: $24,799
Dealer offer: $22,498 (cover, starter chemicals and delivery included)
Stairs are $499 extra and “$1600-$2100 range” for 60A electrical hookup

Is this a realistic price to pay for this tub?? I’m afraid we’re paying significant markup

Hot Tub Forum

Price quote for Caldera Utopia Niagra high??
« on: February 04, 2023, 11:20:54 pm »

cranbiz

Re: Price quote for Caldera Utopia Niagra high??
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 09:46:19 am »
Yes, that does seem a bit on the high side but costs have gone up in the industry as well as the inability to get the components to manufacture tubs. Watkins Manufacturing has always been proud of their products. Covid demand also drove up prices.

The pricing on the Spa panel install is on point. Electricians are not cheap and you want it done right.

I would try to negotiate a deal on the stairs. You can get spa stairs in many places for way less than $500.

When I bought my tub, it came with steps, cover, chemicals and delivery. I ended up getting them to throw in more chemicals and a handrail (and they sold a tub to both me and my friend). Granted, this was at the start of Covid but demand for hot tubs was peaking then.

You could try to find another Hot Springs dealer but I'll bet their pricing will be close to the same.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 04:05:40 pm »
I am not on the retail side but 22,500 AND you have to pay 500 for a 150 step I would be shopping around. JMO
Be sure to research and vette the dealer as much as you do brand and price. How long have they been in business? What is their reputation after sale? Ask about Warranty and what is covered. Do they do service in house or do they farm it out to a 3rd party. A warranty is useless if you can't get timely service when it's -20. Do they charge a "Trip" fee to service the warranty.

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 04:48:00 pm »
Regarding the steps, some of Watkins steps are really nice, but expensive.

We offer the $500 step.  Some people love them, and are willing to pay.  But if people want the cheap step thrown in (leisure concepts style) I'll throw it in

Onebadsss

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 06:18:14 pm »
Thanks everyone for the feedback! The quote was written wrong and the $500 steps ARE included in the $22,498 price delivered (cover, cover lifter and starter chemicals also included). The dealer’s local store front has this exact tub, ironically in the exact color combo my wife wants, in their showroom and now set up for wet testing so we’re going in tomorrow to try it out (already sat in it dry last Fall). I assume that will “seal the deal” for my wife and we’ll pull the trigger, just wanted to be sure the pricing was fair based on current market conditions and demand. $22.5k is a far cry from the prices my parents paid for the various “big box store” hot tubs they’ve bought for our family homes over the years so it was a bit of a sticker shock for me, lol!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 11:46:07 pm »
Fair deal. I’m in Mass and a caldera dealer and that is right in line with what we sell that tub for. Great tub. I have the Geneva and have been very happy with it. In NH the company you are most likely dealing with is one of the most reputable and probably one of the top 5 as far as volume companies in the US. They have a pretty large service department so I can’t imagine service will be an issue if the need arises. Happy soaking.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 02:13:45 pm »
Retail on that spa is $19,999...it's listed right on Calderas own website, that dealers margin is way too high imo, I'd see if they will work with you on the price or I'd look around for another option/spa.

edit: are you sure they weren't pricing you the Cantabria?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 02:13:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42