What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Party happening now, how to treat water right when they get out?  (Read 1199 times)

spladao

I got a ton of kids in the tub now. What's the best way to treat the tub to avoid cloudy water and foam? Usually that happens from all the soaps and swimsuits.

Should I hit it with non chlorine shock and then chlorine right when they get out? Or other order? I have enzymes too.

I can treat things immediately when they get out tonight so any tips are appreciated!!

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Party happening now, how to treat water right when they get out?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 08:52:47 am »
Shock run for 2 full cycles then clean filters then balance the rest.

spladao

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 10:40:26 am »
Thanks. There's sooooooo much foam. Everytime there's a party this happens. Why is it that I always have to redo the water completely? Is there a trick to getting rid of the foam and still having clean clear water?

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 11:36:07 am »
Get them to rinse bathing suits before going in. Never wash trunks with regular laundry. Just rinse and repeat. You can buy liquid defoamer. Couple of drops will disperse foam in seconds. In extreme situations I might run on high with air injection on until foam builds and wet dry shop vac off the foam from the top layer several times until there is no more foaming. Could also drain down half and then refill to add fresh water and dilute the water. Handy in Winter when it's cold to get you through until Spring. If you are going to do a full drain recommend doing a plumbing line clean with Ahh-Some to remove any bio film from the plumbing lines. Recommend 2x per year. Water will stay clear longer and you will use less chemicals without the bio film present constantly eating away at your sanitizer. Clean filters bi-weekly at most and soak in filter wash every 6 weeks for a deeper cleaning for the body oils that can build up in the crease of the pleats reducing flow. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 11:36:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42