What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Running jets to clear chlorine.....  (Read 1117 times)

Gibson00

Running jets to clear chlorine.....
« on: December 24, 2022, 04:08:50 pm »
Hey folks, my understanding is that running the jets with the cover off, like when you shock, can help dissipate chlorine?
If that is correct, and idea how quickly it can work?  Has anyone measured how many ppm lower it went for a given a amount of time with jets running and cover off?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Running jets to clear chlorine.....
« on: December 24, 2022, 04:08:50 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Running jets to clear chlorine.....
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 03:14:07 pm »
keeping the cover off after you shock allows it to off gas properly without doing any damage to the bottom side of your cover, pillows, etc. it will not dissipate chlorine though as you stated, if you are looking to quickly neutralize chlorine or bromine you'll need a product called Thio-Trine like found here: https://www.poolgeek.com/products/applied-biochemists-thio-trine

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 08:08:50 am »
Hey folks, my understanding is that running the jets with the cover off, like when you shock, can help dissipate chlorine?
If that is correct, and idea how quickly it can work?  Has anyone measured how many ppm lower it went for a given a amount of time with jets running and cover off?

Thanks!

This would be an interesting experiment. From my recollection I used to run PPM up to about 6-8, open cover and aerate for 10 minutes. Then cover and return in aprox. 24 hours to soak at 1-2 ppm.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 08:08:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42