What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Handrail installation  (Read 1388 times)

Chops1857

Handrail installation
« on: October 21, 2022, 09:03:41 pm »
Hey folks,

I think I need a handrail to help my young children get in and out of the tub. It seems like the most stable option would be the sort that has the baseplate that slides under the tub, but given that my tub is already in place, that doesn’t seem like an easy option.

I am concerned that the rails that attach to the panels can rip out if someone puts their weight in them or falls and grabs the rail. Anyone have any experience?

Hot Tub Forum

Handrail installation
« on: October 21, 2022, 09:03:41 pm »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Handrail installation
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 10:19:39 am »
Hey folks,

I think I need a handrail to help my young children get in and out of the tub. It seems like the most stable option would be the sort that has the baseplate that slides under the tub, but given that my tub is already in place, that doesn’t seem like an easy option.

I am concerned that the rails that attach to the panels can rip out if someone puts their weight in them or falls and grabs the rail. Anyone have any experience?

As a Spa Delivery Service we no longer attach or install handrails. Recommend a step with the handrail attached preferably metal. Lots of options out there. Metal, wood or poly.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 03:48:45 pm »
Hey folks,

As a Spa Delivery Service we no longer attach or install handrails. Recommend a step with the handrail attached preferably metal. Lots of options out there. Metal, wood or poly.

I agree with this, we do not attach handrails to hot tub cabinets either as it's way too risky for potential damage from someone putting their full body weight on it, like mentioned there is all kinds of options for steps w/ attached handrail, here is an example of just one style: https://www.leisureconcepts.com/products/steps/modstep2xlrail/

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 03:48:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42