What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Quick help needed! Last minute opportunity  (Read 1747 times)

Chops1857

Quick help needed! Last minute opportunity
« on: October 06, 2022, 12:36:38 pm »
I have a Hot Spring Envoy scheduled for delivery this Monday, October 10. Another dealer in my area (another respected one) has a sale on a Marquis Epic making it the same price as the Envoy. It has Microsilk, lift, etc. I will not be able to wet test nor wet test anything in the Crown line. I'd just have to make a decision on faith.

I've always been intrigued by Marquis. The H.O.T. jets sound like they are likely to be more powerful than other jets situated for back use. The Epic has, on paper, always been the hot tub I've imagined getting. I did get to try a Hot Spring Highlife and I did really enjoy the Motomassage. I did not get to try a lounger in the Highlife line, but I was able to try a lounger in the Limelight line and I did not float. I very much believe I will enjoy the Envoy.

The question is whether the Epic is known for being consistently seen as meaningfully more therapeutic than Hot Spring. Are the jets more powerful? I like strong jets from my neck and lower back area. And how is the build quality? It seems like it will be hard to top the Highlife, as they use composite for everything. I cannot find out if Marquis uses composite for their frames or treated wood.

One final thing to consider: the exterior color of the Epic is more my taste (brown) while the interior leaves me suspicious (midnight, i.e. charcoal gray/black). The Hot Spring is slate gray exterior with ice gray interior. I prefer warmer colors, but it is quite nice.

I need to make a decision quickly. Any input would be welcome. The safe choice is probably staying with the Hot Spring Envoy, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 08:18:27 pm by Chops1857 »

Hot Tub Forum

Quick help needed! Last minute opportunity
« on: October 06, 2022, 12:36:38 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Quick help needed! Last minute opportunity
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 02:28:24 pm »
When I sold Hot Spring the Envoy was my favorite model so I'm a bit biased and would stick with that spa imo...now if you could get in and wet test the Epic then sure give it a shot but my concern with the spa is it is smaller than the Envoy but has more 'seats' so they look a little cramped to me, again I would have to sit in it to confirm. Both spas are from top end manufacturers though so there should be no concern there, Good Luck!

Sammi

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 06:55:09 pm »
I'm sitting (not floating) in my slate gray exterior, ice interior lounger Envoy at this very moment. The lounger in the Envoy is extremely cozy and nicer then the limelight series tubs. No Marquis dealers near me so I cannot compare to them.

How many people will be using your tub regularly? For me its just the two of us with an occasional visitor. A clae friend entertains a lot and had the Prism. Its a sweet tub and huge. More than we need though.

Chops1857

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 12:49:16 am »
Regular users will be my wife, two young kids, and myself. I don’t anticipate many guests. I’ll probably have a neighbor buddy in it here and there. I think it’s a perfect size. Big enough to have a few people in with you, but not so big that it just eats up tons of space.

I ended up not even checking ok the Marquis. The whitewater jets and HOT zones on a Marquis sound great, but I did really like the motomassage. I think I’d miss not having that. Plus, the Hot Spring can be delivered sooner, I’d feel a bit bad backing out of the sale, and I like the shell color of the hot spring much more. The marquis was nearly black.

I’m happy with my purchase. I feel like the build quality is top notch and the jets felt really good. MAYBE those whitewater jets would have been a bit more therapeutic, but then no motomassage. Seems like the top manufacturers all have some little unique perk so you always gain and miss out no matter which way you go. Just gotta make your decision and decide you’re happy with it..otherwise you’ll drive yourself crazy lol

Sam

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 12:07:49 pm »
Great point.  All of the top brands have good stuff about them.  SOmetimes you just gotta pick one and go with it rather than analyze every little detail.  If you like the tub after a wet test and you like the dealer, and it's a good brand, you'll be happy.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 12:07:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42