What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bought my first hot tub!  (Read 2023 times)

Chops1857

Bought my first hot tub!
« on: September 26, 2022, 08:51:31 pm »
I just purchased my first hot tub! I’ve been involved in buying a group purchase of a tub at a family lake home, but this was my first personal purchase.

I got a Hot Spring Envoy. Cost $17,200. That included a SmartTop cover with lift, steps, delivery and install, chemicals, salt, etc. I’m not confident I got a great deal, I just hope I didn’t get raked over the coals.

My one bit of buyer’s remorse centers around the fact that I did not go and wet test the Marquis. My area has a respectable Marquis and Hot Spring dealer. We have a Jacuzzi and Sundance dealer, as well, but it’s a big box store (The Great Escape). Anyway, the Hot Spring dealer is a lot closer and has a great reputation. Their prices tend to be a little less than the Marquis dealer. Anyway, I’m somewhat kicking myself for not trying the Marquis out  I did wet test the Hot Spring and the lounger was great and I liked the Moto massage.

Anyway, even with the little bit of buyer’s remorse, I’m crazy excited. My kids are super thrilled, too. They are 7 and 4. I think we’ll have some great family time in there. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 10:54:54 pm by Chops1857 »

Hot Tub Forum

Bought my first hot tub!
« on: September 26, 2022, 08:51:31 pm »

Sammi

Re: Bought my first hot tub!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 09:36:03 am »
Congratulations! I live in the lounger and sneak over to the captain chair when my spouse isn't in the tub. Your price seems very fair. I paid a few grand less a couple years ago after adding the sound system and taxes. With the price and availability of everything sky rocketing the past two years I think you got a fair deal.

Chops1857

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 09:43:43 am »
Thanks for the feedback. With the way the hot tub industry operates, it's so hard to comparison shop. I don't necessarily need to get a total steal (I've wanted a tub of this quality for YEARS and think I'll use it most nights of the week, so paying a bit of a premium doesn't bother me tons), but no one wants to feel like they way overpaid.

It gets delivered October 10. I feel like a kid waiting to go to Disneyworld.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 01:24:10 pm »
Congrats!  I don't think you got ripped off or anything.  The smart top is like $2500 alone.  What part of the country do you live in?

Chops1857

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 02:58:12 pm »
NE Indiana.

I'm a bit nervous about that top. I've read some pretty bad review about them. I was really excited about it. I love that it nearly disappears behind the tub when you open it. Most covers seem to stick out way above the tubs when open. This one is kept near ground level and barely blocks any view.

Sammi

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 12:25:38 am »
I hadn't heard of Smart Top. Just watched the video and wish I had knew about it! I'd say you got a great deal with included.

I recommend checking out the Hot Springs specific threads on this forum. Lots of good info including some common issues/learning curve items with the salt system.

Sam

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2022, 02:23:13 pm »
I'm personally not a big fan of smart top though I haven't interacted with one for awhile.  The first couple of years they were terrible

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2022, 02:23:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42