What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub foundation question  (Read 1415 times)

lcoil79

Hot Tub foundation question
« on: September 06, 2022, 02:07:01 pm »
OK, starting the process of building an enclosed gazebo for our soon to be purchased Hot Spring Envoy, but I need some advice on the best foundation for it.

The plan is to have a 6" concrete pad poured for the gazebo with 12" footers around the edge (thickness and footers required by local building code for this application).  Since I don't know the exact location it will sit, I don't want to stub conduit through the slab for the power line, but I also would like to avoid having to run it as a flexible whip across the floor (roughly 2' from wall to edge of tub).  So my original plan was to take pressure treated 2x4's and build a floating deck directly on top of the concrete slab so I'd have a cavity to run my power under the flooring.  But now I'm starting to second-guess myself on if that's wise, or if I need to take any additional measures like having the concrete guys run some extra control joint grooves that can be used as water channels for the gauranteed overflow that would then be trapped under the floor.

Thoughts?  Am I overthinking my plan and should just go with my original thought?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub foundation question
« on: September 06, 2022, 02:07:01 pm »

Ripper238

Re: Hot Tub foundation question
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 05:51:58 pm »
Over thinking, but that's always fun. lol

Have the electrician stub conduit through the slab for the power line once the Tub is in place since it makes little sense to have the electrician come before the tub is there. This will be done once and never again, just do it right. Water channels sounds like a cool idea.

A floating deck made of wood rots and expands. An extra expense that's not really needed but you could do a deck out of Trex. 

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hot Tub foundation question
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 05:51:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42