What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sigh - What do I do?  (Read 1800 times)

michellejeanmard

Sigh - What do I do?
« on: July 19, 2022, 09:56:04 am »
 :-[
Hello! And thank you in advance for reading and helping if you can. I am in South Louisiana. I have a 2005 Vista Hot Springs model. I have not used it (it blew a breaker a while back and I didn't feel comfortable going out alone after my kids married and moved out).  Anyway, I decided to give it away. Placed an ad...had a few come look at it. Two brothers came and said they wanted it. They started removing the siding, tossed it in the bin...but never returned.
I know, I should have had them sign something but I do have messages back and forth and a witness that they said they would take it.
So, here are the questions - 1) do I have legal recourse and 2) how do I give it away, or is there someone I can call to donate it, or does anyone have any brilliant ideas on how I can 'rehome' it?
Have a great day!

Hot Tub Forum

Sigh - What do I do?
« on: July 19, 2022, 09:56:04 am »

Ripper238

Re: Sigh - What do I do?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 06:25:38 pm »
Buyers almost always have a right to refuse if they did not receive product, even if they sign something most states they have the right to refuse and get a refund. No money exchange, so no reason to follow through it sounds like.

Its not an easy thing to move and likely not worth paying $$$ for it since it will likely need a lot of work. This is probably what the brothers realized.

I usually suggest donating, but its hard with Tubs and not many places that take donations need/want a tub. Dump? Garbage pick up day? Bonfire? 

Curious what others may think.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 06:27:09 pm by Ripper238 »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 06:58:18 am »
A sawzall and some good new blades long and short and a trailer or pickup. I've used a chainsaw also but expect to ruin the chain.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 07:33:44 am by Tman122 »
Retired

jonat

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 08:30:30 am »
I second the Sawzall - you'll go through several blades. As it happened, I was having other work done on the house at the time and the contractor had rented a dumpster. I paid him extra for a larger size so I could throw the pieces in there. Good thing I never tried to start it again, as mice had built nests throughout.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 08:30:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42