What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clearance Around Tub for Cover  (Read 1628 times)

tnlandsailor

Clearance Around Tub for Cover
« on: June 28, 2022, 02:17:05 pm »
Inching closer to the tub installation project. The tub is 7' on each side (a square tub) and is going into a space where it will be tucked into a corner of an outdoor screen room (essentially touching on 2 sides). I want to be able to fold the cover up along one of the walls it will be touching. About how much clearance between the tub and the wall should I leave to be able to stow the cover this way?

Hot Tub Forum

Clearance Around Tub for Cover
« on: June 28, 2022, 02:17:05 pm »

cranbiz

Re: Clearance Around Tub for Cover
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 05:17:11 pm »
Depends on the cover/cover lifter. Anywhere from about 9" to 18" or so.

I would ask your dealer what they recommend for the cover they are supplying.

The cover lifer my dealer was including would have required about 18" which wouldn't work well for my install but they gave me the option to change it for the 9" clearance one. What the difference was is the low clearance lifter keeps the cover up at tub level, which does add privacy but does block the view out of the slider. I decided that trade off was worth it for my space. Your space might be different.

jonat

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 07:32:24 pm »
That sounds a lot like my install (except my tub is narrower than yours). I have it in a corner of my screened porch (see https://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,25853.0.html) . In my install, the cover lifts into the open space on the narrow side of the tub, and like @cranbiz, the cover is up over the back of the tub.  I have seen some lifters requiring 24" of clearance - those that drop it down below the tub rim. Note that there will be some additional clearance needed for operation in many cases.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 07:32:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42