What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Expectations for low maintenance / advice please  (Read 8419 times)

jonat

Re: Expectations for low maintenance / advice please
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2022, 10:52:13 am »
I have had a Hot Spring tub (Jetsetter LX) for four months now, with the salt system. I have had to do very little to it - I use 5-way test strips once a week to check chlorine, pH and hardness, and a salt test strip once a week. I've had to add salt only once, and chlorine not at all. Initially I did have to add PhosFree to bring down the phosphate level (deteriorates the salt cartridge), but not after that. My weekly routine also includes an ounce of Aqua Clarity. The water is crystal clear and the initial scum line disappeared. I wash and rotate the filters monthly.

Probably the most annoying part is the price of the salt cartridge, which dealers don't list for online purchase. Weirdly, they sell "water maintenance packages" where they will send you a new salt cartridge, along with a silver cartridge, once every four months - the price I have seen from two different dealers is the same, $116.50. Just want the salt cartridge? That's $150+. In my spa, the cartridge seems to be good for longer than the four-month recommended interval (small tub, low setting), and I'd probably be happy with a six-month change, but that's tricky to arrange.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Expectations for low maintenance / advice please
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2022, 10:52:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42