What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tarp/cover FOR my cover?  (Read 2033 times)

CV3720

Tarp/cover FOR my cover?
« on: June 07, 2022, 09:36:04 am »
My tub is about 1.5 years old. It's at our vacation home and we only get up here a few weeks out of the year - with up to 4-5 months between visits at some points. I have a local person who comes by every two weeks to check water/chemicals, but that's about it.

I spent a little time yesterday cleaning the cover and applying 303 protectant (first time doing this). It looks much better - but I was wondering about the logic in using some type of tarp/cover over my cover in order to keep the cover in better shape, possibly getting more years out of it.

Thoughts on this?

Also - I was reading about the load limits on covers and wondered about the impact of snow on the cover. There have been times that several inches+ of heavy/wet snow has stayed on there for a week or more (until the guy gets around to check the tub). I guess there's not much that can be done about that other than building a small roof over it...

Overall - yep, it's not an ideal situation!

THANKS

Hot Tub Forum

Tarp/cover FOR my cover?
« on: June 07, 2022, 09:36:04 am »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Tarp/cover FOR my cover?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 08:29:22 am »
google " hot tub cover Cap"

CV3720

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 06:40:06 pm »
google " hot tub cover Cap"

Yep - I've Googled it. I was looking for input from somewhat more knowledgeable/obsessive people (on here, lol). I read a couple comments where it was not recommended (for "breathing" reasons or some other obscure things).

Anyone here with firsthand knowledge using them?

THANKS  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 06:40:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42