What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to upload pictures & Is there a 'Profile' section for member's account  (Read 708 times)

Davekro

I am a very new member of just a few days. Does the ability to upload pictures from your computer and have access to a profile become available after 'X' posts, and replies? Maybe after a time frame?

I could find no instructions on either topic on the site. I may well be blind ;o)
When I click on the 'Insert Image' icon, I get    not a window to navigate to an image on my computer. Does this site only allow images you have uploaded to another app and need to insert a web link in between ?

Hot Tub Forum

Davekro

Re: How to upload pictures & Is there a 'Profile' section for member's account
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 05:02:10 pm »
I figured out how to post pictures:
1) Upload your pictures to a 3rd party photo storage site like Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/
2) Place cursor in your WTBHT message where you want the link located.
3) click the 'Insert Hyperlink' Icon above message window (second row, second icon in that looks like a blue globe)
4) Copy the URL (website address) from a browser window you have open that you want to post a link for.
5) Go back to the browser window with your message, your cursor will be blinking between the two HTML tags http://, select 'Paste' and your URL will be inserted between the HTML tags.
6) Hit return. Your link will now show in your message.

Davekro

Re: How to upload pictures & Is there a 'Profile' section for member's account
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 05:08:55 pm »
It appears that the 'Profile' link/tab appeared after I had made 'X' posts. I now have (10) posts, so maybe the 'Profile' option appear after a new person has posted 5 or 10? posts.

My Profile has no link to create an icon for my account. Maybe that appears after another 'X' number of posts. I'll post back if/when I notice creating an icon picture comes available.

Cheers,
Dave

Malcom Turn

To upload pictures, you'll usually need to use a third-party image hosting service like Imgur and then insert the image using the "Insert Image" button, which sounds like what you're trying to do. As for a profile section, that's usually available right from the start, but it might depend on the specific site or forum you're using. If you can't find instructions, don't worry, it's not always easy to spot everything right away.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42