What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic Bella “wet test”? Seating comfort?  (Read 2227 times)

Paulie140

Nordic Bella “wet test”? Seating comfort?
« on: April 23, 2022, 08:55:18 pm »
Hello, we just put down a $3,000 deposit on a Nordic “Bella” hot tub. Because we have a small area on our condo patio that will accommodate a hot tub, we need a two-person, narrow tub.

The local dealer has the Bella in the show room, but it’s dry, and I was told they don’t do wet tests.
I dry tested the tub and it felt awkward to try to lean back. I used to own a Hot Springs hot tub before, and I spent most of my time in a more reclined sitting position. I’m concerned that the Bella’s upright seats may be less comfortable than a reclined the seating position. I use a hot tub for both back pain relief and for relaxation. Often I will soak for 10 minutes with the jets on, targeting soreness, then lay back and just relax for another 20 minutes.

Does anyone have first-hand experience soaking in the Nordic Bella? I would greatly appreciate any feedback for my situation.

I’m also considering the Canadian Spa “Yukon” which is a very similar size but with two facing reclined seats. There are no local dealers near me for that hot tub so I haven’t even seen it in person. I did also consider the Nordic Stella, but unfortunately it takes up too much of our limited patio space.

Thanks!
Paul

Hot Tub Forum

Nordic Bella “wet test”? Seating comfort?
« on: April 23, 2022, 08:55:18 pm »

bud16415

Re: Nordic Bella “wet test”? Seating comfort?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 09:28:46 am »
I don’t know about that tub in particular but do know that almost all tub seats feel off when dry testing them. The way the seats slope and such are to help keep you in place against the jets and when your body is buoyant it will have a totally different feel.

How your will feel when full of water can only be known by wet testing or if someone has one and can offer an opinion and then it is there opinion based on their size and shape and could be different than yours.

In our tub we have a corner captains chair and I love it as it is the deepest and one of the most powerful seats in the tub. I’m 6’ and people 5’9” or shorter normally don’t like the seat.   

jonat

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 07:53:01 pm »
How narrow? We recently installed a Hot Spring Jetsetter LX on our screened porch. It is a 3-person tub (one lounger and two more upright seats. My wife finds that the jets on the lounger push her away, since her feet don't reach the other side. (I on the other hand have to either sit up straight or bend my knees to sit in the lounger.) It works for us.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 08:18:14 am »
 Canadian Spa “Yukon... only 30" deep...I'm out. The "Bella" looks very upright and has face to face seating so leg room will be an issue if 2 people are in at the same time. I would be looking for something that the seats lay back a bit. If you could stretch the width a bit to a spa the can sit 2 people side by side instead of face to face it will give you much more leg room and overall enjoyment.
Where are you located?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 08:18:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42