What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Terrace Roof over Hot tub help  (Read 1912 times)

Andrew8960

Terrace Roof over Hot tub help
« on: March 28, 2022, 02:29:35 pm »
Hi everyone,
First post here and Ive looked around and wasn't able to find a thread on it, so if someone knows one please just let me know and I can hop in there. But I am in the process of getting a hot tub. The hot tub is going to go on a cement slab underneath a terrace that has a wood ceiling (concrete everything else). I have three open sides so lots of ventilation and some ceiling fans around. But what do I coat the wood ceiling with? I was thinking of some kind of poly as it is water tight, or something with mildew protection in it?

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Again, it is a wood ceiling for an outdoor roof and I am not exactly sure what to treat/coat it with?

Thanks for all help in advance,

Andrew

Hot Tub Forum

Terrace Roof over Hot tub help
« on: March 28, 2022, 02:29:35 pm »

cranbiz

Re: Terrace Roof over Hot tub help
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 09:59:26 am »
An exterior paint will do just fine.

My tub is in an enclosed porch and the ceiling is just exterior grade paint, it's holding up just fine.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 04:58:12 pm »
Hi everyone,
First post here and Ive looked around and wasn't able to find a thread on it, so if someone knows one please just let me know and I can hop in there. But I am in the process of getting a hot tub. The hot tub is going to go on a cement slab underneath a terrace that has a wood ceiling (concrete everything else). I have three open sides so lots of ventilation and some ceiling fans around. But what do I coat the wood ceiling with? I was thinking of some kind of poly as it is water tight, or something with mildew protection in it?

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Again, it is a wood ceiling for an outdoor roof and I am not exactly sure what to treat/coat it with?

Thanks for all help in advance,

Andrew

Since its open on 3 sides I would think any qood sealer form your area hardware store would be fine. If it was enclosed then it might be different.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 04:58:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42