What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: artesian 850b filter duration and frequency  (Read 1813 times)

pedrofrioles

artesian 850b filter duration and frequency
« on: March 02, 2022, 09:49:06 am »
Hi - brand new hot tub owner...i've had it for 2 weeks and have managed to create a foamy / murky hot tub.  :(

In trouble shooting the issue i reviewed my setting and found that my filter duration was 6 and the frequency was 1.

In speaking with the dealer they recommended that in the winter (i'm in Canada) the filter duration is set to 24 (24 hrs) and the frequency is 1....my question is: does that mean that the filter will always be running for 24 hrs? OR will it just run once every 24 hrs?

Follow up question - could my original setting be responsible or partly responsible for the foamy murky water?

Appreciate any advice.

Hot Tub Forum

artesian 850b filter duration and frequency
« on: March 02, 2022, 09:49:06 am »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: artesian 850b filter duration and frequency
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 10:36:09 am »
24 hours if the spa has a circulation pump. If it uses  one of the main 2 speed pumps for heating or filtering then 2 h in am and 2 h in pm is normal depending on use. Don't wash bathing suits in with the regular wash as they will pick up detergent. Sounds like you need to use spa shock. The cloudyness is organic contaminate (all the stuff that comes off your body) and the only way to remove it is to get it to the filters and then clean the filters. Shock will aid in that. Use small amount weekly and larger amount if the spa is cloudy. Read label. Clean filters weekly/biweekly depending on use. 

Sam

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 02:20:08 pm »
Do not set that spa to filter 24 hours per day.  It does not have a dedicated filtration pump.  I usually recommend 3 to 4 hours twice per day.

pedrofrioles

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 03:42:11 pm »
thank you both for your feedback....will adjust.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 03:42:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42