What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cove Spas?  (Read 1890 times)

dugtoni

Cove Spas?
« on: February 28, 2022, 03:54:36 pm »
I'm curious if anyone knows anything about this brand? I was in the market for a Crown II, but was quoted less for a Cove C220LED. It appears to be about the same tub except no whirlpool jet which the Crown II has. I see that they are manufactured in Grand Rapids by Nordic products, which makes me think this is nearly the same thing as the Crown II? Same thing with the Cove C500 vs the Nordic Retreat.  It seems to be the same tub made by the same manufacturer, but with a different name? If you have any experience with Cove Spas please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 03:57:11 pm by dugtoni »

Hot Tub Forum

Cove Spas?
« on: February 28, 2022, 03:54:36 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Cove Spas?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 11:46:28 am »
The cove model is a 110v plug and play with a 1 hp pump and the Crown II is a 220v capable with a 2 hp pump, it's a also a slightly bigger spa and like you noted has the whirlpool jet so it should cost a little more than the cove for all of those reasons....good luck!

dugtoni

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 01:03:17 pm »
The cove model is a 110v plug and play with a 1 hp pump and the Crown II is a 220v capable with a 2 hp pump, it's a also a slightly bigger spa and like you noted has the whirlpool jet so it should cost a little more than the cove for all of those reasons....good luck!

Thanks for the reply!  This is the model I'm looking at: https://www.hottubs.com/pdfs/brochures/CoveC220LEDProductSheet.pdf.  It appears to have a 2hp pump, and from the specs it seems like it's the same size as the Crown II.  The only discernible difference I could make was the lack of a whirlpool jet, but if it's the same tub as the Crown II other than that I was thinking the whirlpool jet isn't worth an additional $1,400 to me.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 02:06:39 pm »

Thanks for the reply!  This is the model I'm looking at: https://www.hottubs.com/pdfs/brochures/CoveC220LEDProductSheet.pdf.  It appears to have a 2hp pump, and from the specs it seems like it's the same size as the Crown II.  The only discernible difference I could make was the lack of a whirlpool jet, but if it's the same tub as the Crown II other than that I was thinking the whirlpool jet isn't worth an additional $1,400 to me.

that's odd this site here: https://www.hottubs.com/models/c220led/ has same model # but different specs, either way if you're just looking for 'hot water' in a very basic spa it will certainly work for you, if you are in a cold weather climate I'd recommend adding the extra insulation if it's an option, I sell Nordic and we add it to all of our models, with it they perform pretty damn good outside in cold weather especially at their price point.

dugtoni

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 02:56:32 pm »

that's odd this site here: https://www.hottubs.com/models/c220led/ has same model # but different specs, either way if you're just looking for 'hot water' in a very basic spa it will certainly work for you, if you are in a cold weather climate I'd recommend adding the extra insulation if it's an option, I sell Nordic and we add it to all of our models, with it they perform pretty damn good outside in cold weather especially at their price point.

Huh, that is weird indeed!  It appears it's giving the dimensions for a square tub, so maybe it's mixing it up with one of the other models on that particular page.  Appreciate your insight!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 02:56:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42