What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need advice on buying new hot tub  (Read 2203 times)

dugtoni

Need advice on buying new hot tub
« on: February 26, 2022, 04:40:22 pm »
Hello all. I’m going to be purchasing my first hot tub soon. We are a family of 3 so looking for something fairly small but can seat up to 5 for when we have guests. I am very interested in getting a nordic spa. They seem to be reliable and a good value. The 3 I am deciding between are:

Crown 2: $6,900

Impulse DP: $6,400

Retreat SE: $7,780

Retreat MS: $7,330

This includes uv/ozone and upgraded insulation and delivery . Do these sound like reasonable prices? Is the Crown 2 worth the extra $500 over the Impulse DP? The extra jets aren’t too big of a deal to me. Not sure if having a bigger pump makes it worth it. Same question regarding Retreat SE vs MS. The Retreat would be my choice for a square tub. Undecided on round vs square so if anyone has an opinion one way or another I’d love to hear why. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 06:45:38 pm by dugtoni »

Hot Tub Forum

Need advice on buying new hot tub
« on: February 26, 2022, 04:40:22 pm »

A.O.

Re: Need advice on buying new hot tub
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 10:53:50 am »
I know nothing about those particular models so I'm going to respond more generically..
First, where do you live.. do you need the extra insulation??
Second , go bigger more than smaller.. you never know when you might have a party or something and not playing footsie with everyone is a good thing ...usually anyway. Its just me and the wife here anymore and we sprung for a larger tub this time and love it!

dugtoni

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 02:11:29 pm »
Hey thanks for the reply! I’m in northern Vermont, so definitely a very chilly climate. I appreciate the insight on size. We are sizing so that we have plenty of space for my wife and I and son. There will be some extra room if guests come over, but overall I’m try to keep operating costs lower since we rarely entertain.

cranbiz

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 10:06:48 am »
Square tubs utilize space better then round tubs. Round tubs usually allow a more open seating arrangement. Larger motors usually give better therapeutic flow.

Bigger footprint is better than smaller footprint if you have the space.

Dry test all of them at a minimum. Wet test the finalists if possible. What looks good might be tight fitting dry and might be totally unusable when wet.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 10:06:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42